Howdy from North Georgia

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Welcome to the forum! Precious newborn - hope to see more pics of her. Enjoy yourself here!

I'm sorry for the loss of your other bully...:( We've lost so many and I hate that.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You're having the longest 6 weeks ahead of you!:welcome: Congrats!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!!! Your baby is adorable!!! I love jubilee and ju ju bee is a great nickname. Although you will have 100 in no time. lol I too am sorry for the loss of your baby. If you would like to share pics and details with us, we would love it.

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
sSig_welcome2.gif

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Welcome!!!! Your baby is adorable!!! I love jubilee and ju ju bee is a great nickname. Although you will have 100 in no time. lol I too am sorry for the loss of your baby. If you would like to share pics and details with us, we would love it.

It's not the best pic of her, but this was our girl Roxy. She was an Olde English Bulldogge and about 65lbs of lapdog. Long story short, I came home from work one night in early March and she was bouncing around in her crate ready to eat. Fed her and took her to potty. When she came back upstairs, I noticed that she didn't run up the stairs like she typically did, but walked up them one step at a time. I figured it was from maybe laying down wrong while we were at work. Over the next 3 hours or so, it got to where she couldn't use her hind legs. After taking her to the vet the next morning, she was diagnosed with severe spinal arthritis and about 40% of her vertebrae had also fused together causing slipped discs and damaging nerves. This more or less left her paralyzed from the waist down with no movement or control of her bodily functions. She never once whimpered or displayed any signs of pain up to that point and she carried on with her life like she did every day. So after trying steroids for a couple of weeks without any improvement, we opted to make a decision based on quality of life.

Roxy092-A.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my goodness, I am sorry. Takes a strong parent to be able to make that decision for the sake of the pup. Too often we want to keep them with us far past their comfort. :hug: she was a beauty! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got an email from the breeder with a new picture taken this morning. She said that our new girl is doing great at just over 3 weeks old now.

5194.JPG

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Aww so sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Well I think that the wife has decided on Ellie for a name. I think it'll work out well. The mother's name is Mae Mae and I wanted to incorporate that into the paperwork somehow like "Mae Mae's _____ ______ _______" but now we can just use Ellie Mae and it will allow us to throw the fathers name in at the beginning if we wanted to. Plus, it doesn't get much more southern than Ellie Mae......lol

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.