Greetings from Florida!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4809]Danielle[/MENTION]

OmG , you newbie's just keep getting better and better. Your story is well worth the read and I can't wait to see pictures of your new soul-mate. Herschel. :welcome:

We are going to have fun.
Well said!

Congrats! I can't wait to see all the cool pics you're going to take! (If you could throw in a few of that 120 year old house, I'd be obliged. I love old houses!)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Danielle and Hershel And BulldogGunner and Gunner too! Glad to have you all here! Looking forward to all you have to share

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:cry: what a heart warming story.... love at first site, how great!

best of luck .... welcome to the WONDERFUL world of bulldogs and our great little wacky world of EBN

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome and so glad you decided to finally join us!!. I am a new bulldog owner as well and am now addicted!! We are adding our second fur-baby in a little over 6 weeks!!

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Thank you all so much for such a warm welcome! I already love this community and I have spent countless hours reading all of the suggestions and stories!

I do have a question though... this is my first time being owned by a bully and I am wanting to pick up some toys/treats/chews for Herschel. Are there any must-haves? What types of chews are safe and best for them? I will let him pick out his own stuffed toys and tug toys tomorrow but I really wanted to get him some great things that are safe and healthy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all so much for such a warm welcome! I already love this community and I have spent countless hours reading all of the suggestions and stories!

I do have a question though... this is my first time being owned by a bully and I am wanting to pick up some toys/treats/chews for Herschel. Are there any must-haves? What types of chews are safe and best for them? I will let him pick out his own stuffed toys and tug toys tomorrow but I really wanted to get him some great things that are safe and healthy.

Nylabones, Kong (you can stuff these with Peanut butter and freeze), deer/elk antlers

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
[MENTION=4809]Danielle[/MENTION], just wanted to say I know you must be soooooooooooooo excited about tomorrow. Have fun and post some pics

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
aa184c38.jpg

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Welcome from South East Florida.. We have now covered the 4 corners of Florida.!

Holy $&% for a moment I thought I had accidentally started to read one of my wife's romance novels.. ! :p

Ok . Seeing how everyone else is so proper & I am Not.! I'm gonna ask the hard questions........

" the glorious farting capabilities and more and more I was sure that we were a good match." ......
So the farting was what got you sold on the bully ?! :ROFL:

ANd what does a "deer type Chihuahua named Bob" look like..?

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Herschel is HOME! I am in so much love with him. I see a few health-ish issues but nothing major. Nothing that a good bath and some TLC won't cure. He is a smart, happy boy. A little skittish about noises but it seems he likes cats and they weren't impressed with him but no hissing or yowling. Just some staring as he smiled at them.

Here is a pic when we visited the "grandparents" tonight. imagejpeg_3.jpg

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Welcome from South East Florida.. We have now covered the 4 corners of Florida.!

Holy $&% for a moment I thought I had accidentally started to read one of my wife's romance novels.. ! :p

Ok . Seeing how everyone else is so proper & I am Not.! I'm gonna ask the hard questions........

" the glorious farting capabilities and more and more I was sure that we were a good match." ......
So the farting was what got you sold on the bully ?! :ROFL:

ANd what does a "deer type Chihuahua named Bob" look like..?

About the farting... no comment LOL

Deer-type chihuahuas are what you call the ones that do not have the breed standard "apple head". They more resemble deer (hence the name). Generally larger than the standard. xmasedit3.jpgThis is Bob with my mom and dad last Christmas.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Herschel is sooo cute :luv: Thank goodness there are no issues with the cats. My mother in law has a deer type Chihuahua too then! Your parents are a very handsome couple. How exciting to have a new fur baby and I can't wait to see how he's gonna flourish with your loving care.:happydance:

Most Reactions