Greetings from Florida!

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I have been looking at this site for a while. I didn't join because I wasn't sure when I would (if ever) become a mom to a bully, but now (as of this coming Friday) I will be the proud mama of Herschel, a year and a half old gorgeous boy!

His current family is heartbroken, but they just don't feel they are giving him enough time. They have teenagers involved in a million activities and they both work full time so Herschel gets left at home a lot. I am picking him up from about an hour and a half from my home (he is in Dothan, AL) and starting our adventure together!

I am a 38 year old single gal, living in the small town of Quincy, FL. It's close to the Georgia state line, northwest of Tallahassee. I have a small 120 year old home, nestled behind an old graveyard near the historical district in town. I currently live with my two orange cats Cyrus and Samuel and am sooooo looking forward to bringing Herschel home. Yes, I did have a talk with my feline children about their new brother but they seemed rather disinterested and I suspect Cyrus actually fell asleep as I warned them to be on their best behavior.

Looking back on my life, I seem to define different "eras" by the special dog(s) in my life. Until the last few years, I had really never been without a canine soulmate. In 1997, I adopted a deer type Chihuahua named Bob. Through having him and the wonderful Chihuahua email list I found the joy of rescue and volunteered with rescue and transport myself. In 2008 I moved back to Florida and stayed with my parents for a while. During that time, Bob's health declined and he became more attached to my mom and dad. They are retired and so I allowed Bob to stay with his "grandparents" when I moved into my current home. I am happy to say that Bob is about 16 years old now and lives the life of luxury that he deserves. I still see him almost every day since I live so close.

I have always wanted to be owned by an English Bulldog. Every time I have seen one, I couldn't help but smile. I have done all the research... from medical issues to the glorious farting capabilities and more and more I was sure that we were a good match. I looked at all of the rescue sites and although I wished I could take them all, I never got a "connection" with any by looking at the pictures. Then I heard through a friend that someone had listed one on Craigslist (they knew the person) and I got in touch with them. Within moments I had a picture and history of Herschel and they immediately took the listing off Craigslist. She was relieved that I know people she knows and I have promised to send pictures as often as possible. I dabble in photography so I can guarantee that is NOT going to be a problem. The moment I saw Herschel, my heart leapt and I knew we were meant for eachother. I can hardly wait until Friday and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Well, that's about all I can think of. I probably should get back to work. :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=4809]Danielle[/MENTION]

OmG , you newbie's just keep getting better and better. Your story is well worth the read and I can't wait to see pictures of your new soul-mate. Herschel. :welcome:

We are going to have fun.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: and congrats to you and Herschel! Sounds like both of you are in for an adventure. You will love it here and I'm so looking forward to meeting your new boy! As for the cats..:ROFL: sometimes surprises are best!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! Looking forward to those promised pictures :D. Oh wait, you promised them to the previous owners, don't forget about us :D

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
This is the only picture I have right now. On Friday you can expect many more! This is the face that stole my heart.

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

BullDogGunner

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Hi Florida, we are in Florida too. However, we are down a bit on the West side of the State. I just joined as well and although my recent puppy wasn't a planned purchase at the time, I have to say he has been the best addition to my life. Welcome aboard, I can't wait to see more about Herschel.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the Group. I am on the NE side of Florida, Orange Park, which most know our neighbor, Jacksonville.

Bullies are so addicting, Glad you found us to help encourage even more addictions. Love the pic, he is adorable.

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Welcome to the Group. I am on the NE side of Florida, Orange Park, which most know our neighbor, Jacksonville.

Bullies are so addicting, Glad you found us to help encourage even more addictions. Love the pic, he is adorable.

I know the area well! I actually grew up in Mandarin on Julington Creek :)

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
herschel has such a cute face it made me giggle out loud (GOL??). :heart:herschel:heart:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to the madness called being owned by a bully. Glad to have you here. That little guy isn't cute, he is adorabull!!! Thanx for joining.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
This is the only picture I have right now. On Friday you can expect many more! This is the face that stole my heart.

View attachment 20482

Oh I have goose bumps.. what a great story. As sad as it is for his family.. they are so very fortunate that you found him! Now he has his forever home!!! Best of luck and so happy you joined. What a GREAT picture!!! "I am coming home mommy!! glad you found me "
:luv:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
:welcome: Danielle and Herschel...Are you sure you are not a writer too? You tell your story well. Looking forward to having another inmate here on our EBN forum.

8990aab8.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.