mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
Hi Everyone,

We are Karen and Jim, new to this site but not new to the bulldog world.

I grew up with a father who raised and trained field trial German Shorthair Pointers and Brittany Spaniels. I have never had a time in my life when dogs were not part of my world. Jim, however, did not know much about dogs, or really owned a dog until I came along with Sherman.

For several years I raised Bulldogs and Boxers. When my last bully had to be sent over the bridge I swore "no more." I got a call from a friend that Detroit Bulldog Rescue needed help with a foster, enter Sherman. Sherman was 3. The worst case of alopecia I'd ever seen in a dog, torn acl, double entropian. He was a mess, but a happy mess. He wasn't there 3 days and I knew he was going no where but with me. They say every person has that ONE dog...the dog they truly connect with, Sherman is that for me. He is now 5...slowing down a tad, happy as a clam, and just delightful.

We decided Sherman was alone too much. Sure the dog walker comes twice a day when we are at work, and he gets out, but he needed someone else to love. We began the search for another rescue (go to ONE Rescue picnic or event and your heart will be won over MAJORLY by rescues). We were now in Illinois and so IEBR was our first place to look. But God writes straight on crooked lines. He had a different plan for us. While perusing the Petfinder site (where IEBR posts info on their dogs) we ran across a pup of 10 months old that Doberman Rescue had. Lo and behold, Doberman Rescue was 2 blocks behind where we live. We walked over and Custer walked into our lives. Custer is an interesting boy. Nothing much phases him. He kind of reminds me of well...a stoner. :) I can just hear him saying things like "check it out bro" and "ain't no thang". Life is sweet for Custer. He has bonded with his daddy big time. He and Jim are inseperable.

CPP (Carolina Pet Pantry...a phenomenal organization) took in a mother dog found in a dumpster in NC. She was full of worms and puppies! I kept looking at the photos of the babies and thinking one in particular was adorable. I wrote her to ask about him and...eventually we drove to NC from Chicago...and picked up our new baby. Stonewall. (all generals, Sherman, Custer, Stonewall). Stonewall is wicked brilliant. One of the smartest puppies I've ever seen. He's also beautiful, a dream on a leash, great with the "come" command and master of the stairs :) He is also a little fish in a big pond right now and trying to figure it all out. He used to be the big fish in the little pond. This reversal of fortune is giving him a little pause, but he'll get there.

All the boys are loved beyond anything I could begin to explain. Once you love a rescue dog, you know that THEY know...they were chosen...not because of pedigree (altho there is nothing wrong with that), not because they are typee...but beause they are loved. That makes me happy all over.

the boys.jpg521936_10150713668819370_531684369_9882467_974410079_n.jpg456551_10150670935394370_531684369_9748837_646621704_o.jpg

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Bless you for rescueing. I watched the story of Bizcuits babies. Im glad we have one on here to watch grow up. All your babies are beautiful...

Welcome to the nut house...Oops I mean EBN

We love pics here

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. What a happy 'family ' of bullies that is!!! :luv: So glad you joined. This is one big family itself and glad to have you here. Jump right in and make sure you check out this month's auction for Bullies 2 the Rescue. We also just today started a Photo of the Month contest.... lots to do here besides just discuss these wonderful bullies. :<3:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=4717]mcardle3[/MENTION] :welcome: to EBN you are inspiration to many foster/adopting family's. Your story is interesting and well written. I can't wait to hear more of your adventures. This is a great family to belong to. We have lots of fun and share most everything.
We love lots of pictures too.

:photo:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: so glad you did an Intro post! You have a wonderful critter family. I totally agree and understand the love of a rescue. We have been fortunate enough to have been "rescued" by many wonderful critters. My hubby has always "found" and carted home the most wonderful dogs..and cats..in the world. Ours never came fom an organization..just off the streets of Los Angeles. We never really knew their stories or their ages..found out it doesn't really matter. Their lives became our lives soon enough. So happy you found us and brace yourself...you have just entered the "twilight zone"!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and glad to have you. thanks so much for adopting those wonderful bullies, you have a beautiful set of boys.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
:welcome: and get ready, EBN is very addicting!! What cute bullies you have!! I love the description of Custer, which one is he?

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
Custer is in photo number one here, Sherman and his dad at the beach (we go to the Lake every two weeks), and Stonewall is in picture number 3 :)
Custer.jpgJimjibjab.jpg530118_10150713702884370_531684369_9882482_1998828755_n.jpg
:welcome: and get ready, EBN is very addicting!! What cute bullies you have!! I love the description of Custer, which one is he?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I just love your intro post. I can tell already I am gonna love reading your posts. And like you've already been warned. We all love pics....lots and lots of them.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Welcome!!!! what a great crew you have.. :) this is the best place in the world to come when you love your dogs!

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
OMG what beautiful bullies you have!!! the pic w stonewall in the middle is just too precious.:heart: welcome!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: .. just loved that introduction post!!! Look forward to reading many more posts from you!!! :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.