Hello

Antoinette

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
grizzly
Hi! My name is antoinette and my fiance' and I are new owners of a 3 month old puppy named Grizzly. He is an Olde English bulldog.

OP
A

Antoinette

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
grizzly
544563_2881023596944_1600682180_3573948_244770545_n.jpg This is grizzly our 3 month old. I came here looking for some help. He is my first dog EVER and he has a really bad WET DOG smell. We bathed him as soon as he came home and he has been with us for 9 days. His previous owner had him outdoors since birth. So we are doing everything first time in crate and first time being housetrained ect.. Any ideas on how i can get rid of this strong dog odor? I am aware dogs have a smell, i just dont think i should smell him as soon as i walk in my house. thanks for any help.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcome, he is adorable. What do you feed him? You may be feeding him something that does not agree with him. I feed raw to Usko and he doesn't smell at all.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Grizzly is a cutie.

I agree with the advice that you should change him over to a good quality food.

When we got HRH she was eating BilJac and she smelled like a dog. We would give her a bath and within two days she smelled again. Changing her to grain free and chicken free Fromm Beef Frittata made all the difference in the world.

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Welcome to you and Grizzley😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is such a gorgeous bully ... just love his colouring!!!

I agree totally with the other posts ... what is he being fed. You will be amazed how much of an impact that has on how your bully smells!!

OP
A

Antoinette

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
grizzly
thank you everyone for all your wam welcomes!!!!! I will definitely try to give him some better food.. Hopefully that will help.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome! LOVE Olde english bullies, my gosh what a looker you have! Dont be shy, ask any questions at all... we dont mind honestly. ;) I know some dogs do have a smell. Mugsy, my pug came home with a smell and I scrubbed him and scrubbed him thinking it was the breeders home... Nope it was the pug smell. lol. BUT either I have gotten used to it over the years or the food has helped with him too cuz I dont smell it anymore now that I think of it. hmm..... interesting.... :lol:

OP
A

Antoinette

Apr 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
grizzly
I am looking into getting him some better food ASAP. I honestly feel like it is hindering me from wanting to get on the floor and just roll and play with him because his smell is SO strong :( How long would it usually take with a better food for it to make a difference? thanks again everybody!!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.