One Heck of an introduction to bulldogs

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
I am active in AKC Obedience and Agility with my papillon and I can't wait for Audrey to get all better because I plan to get her certified as a therapy dog through therapy dogs international. We might also consider playing around in Rally Obedience if she likes it. :) I really enjoy doing things with my doggies.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
:welcome: I love Audrey's name and I can't wait to see pictures! Thank you for giving her a wonderful loving home and I am so glad you found us here at EBN!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I am active in AKC Obedience and Agility with my papillon and I can't wait for Audrey to get all better because I plan to get her certified as a therapy dog through therapy dogs international. We might also consider playing around in Rally Obedience if she likes it. :) I really enjoy doing things with my doggies.

Well, you fit right in because we're all gung-ho about our bullies and other doggies too. :D

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
I also wanted to ask what everyone does to keep their bully's wrinkles and tail folds clean and dry? Audrey has a VERY tight tail and I have been cleaning under it with a baby wipe each day, and getting some baby powder in their at night. Also, some of her face wrinkles are pretty tight so I have been doing the same thing with those (taking extra care to make sure no baby powder gets in her nose or eyes).

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN! Love the sceenname, that's fantastic! :up: What a wonderful introduction too. Can't wait to see more pictures of Audrey. :)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
awww audrey is so cute! welcome :) so glad you gave that sweet bully a loving home :)

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Welcome!! Hope you can get your girl straightened out soon! I hope she isn't as over zealous as my Penny is with my sister in law's papilion (spelling)....Poor thing, lol...I will have to find a picture. She wants to play so much with her and tortures her.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hi all! So glad beautiful Audrey Hepbull finally has the good, loving home she deserves. :) Alot of us use Witch Hazel to clean tails and wrinkles, or you can visit Amazon and get some MalAcetic Ultra, everyone seems to like that. My girl Bullie has a tight tail also, so I use Q- tips to get in there better, it's also important to get all of the cracks and crevices dry so yeast doesn't grow. Gold bond or Anti Monkey Butt powder is good to help keep areas dry. Any questions no matter how small don't hesitate to ask, we all love to help! :D

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Anti Monkey Butt is exactly what I got! Awesome! Lol I will have to look into the witch Hazel. Thanks!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Welcome! So glad you're here...can't wait for Audrey to get better - she's such a pretty girl!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:love: she is gorgeous! How can someone think she isn't Bully enough?? :cursing: bravo to you both for opening your hearts and your home to this sweet girl! You've come to the right place for help and just plain friendship! :welcome:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
:welcome: aw bless you for taking her in. sounds like youve got things in hand. love the pics. will be looking for updates on this wonderful girl

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She looks so cute! That is fantastic that you and your guy opened up your home to a bully in need :)

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Thanks for the welcome everyone. :) We are very happy to have her. She pretty much only sleeps. Not sure if it is because she didn't feel well, if it is because she is a bulldog, or if that is just her. She is VERY slow. I am use to a 'cracked-out' papillon who always moves like he is on speed lol. We bought her a 'no-pull' harness because I thought she would pull, but actually she LAGS. Lol! She is so different from what I am used to in a dog but I love her not in spite of her differences but because of them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.