One Heck of an introduction to bulldogs

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Hello,

My name is Giuli (Julie) and my fiancé, Matt, and I are first time bullie owners. I already have a dog of my own, a papillon, named Copernicus, but on Sunday we brought home a 15 month old female bulldog, named Audrey Hepbull that is now my fiancé (and my) sweet baby.

The problem is that Audrey has severe generalized demodectic mange. :( We got her from a woman in town who owns a dog daycare. She also breeds English bulldogs. When Audrey was a puppy, this woman had sold her (and her sister) to a man who didn't care for Audrey. The man didn't like Audrey because she wasn't "bulldoggy" enough. Meaning she doesn't have a MASSIVE head and wrinkles or whatever. (She looks plenty bulldoggy to me!). Any who, the man brought Audrey back to her breeder covered in almost totally bald and covered in bleeding, oozing sores. She was also 20 pounds underweight. :cry:

Her breeder took her to a vet and nursed her slowly back from the brinkof death. For 3 months Audrey lived at the doggy daycare. I work at an all natural pet boutique in town and Audrey's breeder is a regular customer there. She had come in to buy dog food and as I was clocking in for my shift I heard her talking about Audrey. I knew my fiancé and I had to take her. We picked her up on Sunday to "test drive her" but in less then 24 hours we were totally in love and we weren't giving her back lol.

Audrey is so sweet and she loves everybody, despite what has happened to her. She is the best "hug-giver" lol! We are working on getting her better. She has a vet appointment with our integrative veterinarian on Tuesday. She is already on fish oil, generflora (a probiotic/digestive enzyme), Ivomec (to kill the mites), and baths 2x a week with natural shampoo/conditioner designed for severe skin conditions. We are going to talk to her (holistic) vet about if she thinks Audrey could handle a raw diet as this is what my own dog has been raised on since 9 weeks ols (he will be 4 this year). Having been a raw feeder to a variety of pets (dog's, cats, ferrets) for 6 years now, it is what I would be most comfortable having her eat, but we need to make sure her immune system can handle it, duet her condition. She is eating Acana Grasslands right now.

I hVe a picture of her, I will post it when I can get to a computer. My iPad isn't letting me post photos. Anywhoo, we are totally new to bulldogs and I really look forward to getting to know you all! I am sure you have a lot of helpful advice and experience.

Warm Bully regards,

Giuli, Matt, Audrey, and Copernicus

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome and bless you for helping give this baby the life every bully deserves! People are just awful, makes you wanna beat that man and starve him to death. Cant wait to see pics. Sounds like you are well on your way and dont need much in the way of advice. Hugs to you and to your new baby! cant wait to see pics. ;)

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
:welcome: Aww, I feel so bad for Audrey:yes: I'm so glad you have her now, and she has a family that will love her like she deserves:heart: Can't wait to see some pix :D

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
My Gunnyboy had that type of mange when he was a puppy and had the bathes and all but it all worked out well and yours will too , give her a hug for me!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN....... It warms my heart to hear you have taken Aubrey into yours and are nursing her back to health... Thank you so much for that and for joining our happy little bully addicted group.. LOL... Glad to have you here :)

L

Lucy-licious

:welcome: You came to the right place. We not only offer advise to those that ask for it but friendship and love aswell.
Can't wait for pics of this little Angel that saved you from a life if drudgery by allowing you to fall in love with her.

thankyou for having the heart to take her into yout lives and show her love and tenderness. :love:

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Thanks everyone for the warm bully welcome!

Here is a picture of my fiance, Copernicus, and myself. And also a picture of my baby girl, Audrey Hepbull.

Attachments

• audrey.jpg
    audrey.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 148
OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
oops! Forgot the picture of us, lol!

Attachments

• us.jpg
    us.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 134

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcome to EBN! And I personally think raw food is best for, not only her skin condition, but immune system also! And like said...pics please:yes:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN!! I love her name!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi there and welcome! It sounds like you're doing everything right with the fish oils and the probiotic. My youngest also had mange because of allergies, and all it took was to change him to a raw diet. He was allergic to was his food, which is a huge thing I guess. lol.

Audrey looks so sweet, and seems like a big cuddlebug. All of us bulldoggers here would never have given her back too. So glad she found you two loveydoveys. :D

Oh, and she sooo has the bulldoggy traits to me. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.