New to the Bulldog World

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Thanks everybody! We are super excited and I am so glad that I found this forum. It definitely eases my mind knowing that there are so many wonderful people who love bullies and are willing to help out!

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Just got new pictures from our breeder. Seamus is 1 week old and doing great! Our breeder will be giving up weekly updates and pictures until we pick him up in July. We are super excited!

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 35

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Re: New to the Bulldog World from Washington D.C.

WOW.... welcome to EBN and the WONDERFUL of bulldogs!! All great questions and here is my opinion...

Food... remember, you get what you pay for and the wrong food will me MORE vet bills... allergies, skin issues, weight problems, etc. The biggest thing to remember is bulldogs are like no other breed and require alot of attention and daily maintenance. Fromm, Earthborn, and Nature Variety Instinct as some of the favorites of those here, but you can check the recommended food listing on the nutrition forum.

Collar/harness... there are many threads discussing this, but we use both depending on the situation. Collar is for stress=free situations , short walks where there will be no pulling and such. Harness is long walks, dog events or lots of people. Bullies have small trachea and are bruised/damaged easily. use you best judgement based on the situation.

Potty training.... get a schedule set based on the puppy age... they can hold their bladder for 1 hour more than they are old in months... so 3 moth old pup can hold for 4 hours. Take him/her out 20 mins after meals and as soon as they wake up.

Hope all that helps.... ask all the questions you need to --- it is why we are all here to help and have fun.
Great advice here. I wanted to say :welcome: to EBN. :up:

Most Reactions