Greetings from Mexico.. I present to you our baby girl.. Lula..

LulaMX

Mar 26, 2012
Tijuana, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula
Hi guys, mi wife and I bought this georgeous baby bulldog (female) for our daughter,
our bully is 3 months old and our daughter is 2 years old (2 yo + 4 months).

Our precious Lula has been with us for the last month (4 weeks) and we are kind
of new on taking care of bulldogs, we have read that they're not the typical dog,
so if you would give us a few pointers on how to take care of her, how to train her (she's been bitting a lot, playfully of ocurse),
etc.. it would be much appreaciated.

Lula's family is located in Tijuana, Mexico, we are border with the US, so if you recommend any products we can easily go to San Diego
and buy products for our baby bully.

Thanks a lot, and let me share with you 2 pics of our baby bully girl...

2012-03-12 19.47.58.jpg
My wife holding Lula

2012-03-20 21.15.07.jpg
Lula from a top view

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Welcome!

Pointers? We got em. A need to see more pictures of Lola? You bet. You'll find everything you need to know - and stuff you don't - here. There's so much to know.... try using the "Search" field and key words when you have a specific question and need help right away. Otherwise, ask away!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome to you and Lula! She is a beautiful girl and I'm sure she will be an excellent playmate/best friend to your daughter. All puppies go through that annoying play biting stage. Tell her NO BITE and give her a Nylabone or acceptable toy to chew on. It takes consistancy and lots of repitition but eventually they loose those sharp baby teeth and do quit play biting!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Lula is a cutie! Keep reading and you'll get all sorts of hints and suggestions. And there is always someone willing to answer questions if you have any specific ones.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh my! Lula is such a sweety, the best advise I can give is love that girl loads and she will love you back 10 fold :heart::heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN......... Read thru the Articles and many of your questions will be answered..... or start a thread asking what you would like to know. The purpose of EBN is to help others with their bullies. Thanx for joining.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:welcome: You will find everything you need to know on this site!!! Glad you joined us! She is adorable

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hello to you and Pretty girl Lula! Wow, she has lots of wrinkles already!! :) Any questions feel free to ask :) I see you're from Mexico, so I would advise you to not let her overheat! There is a section on bulldog nutrition so you can find a high quality dog food and your Bullie can live healthy. :)

C

Cooper11

I totally understand how you are feeling. I picked Cooper out because he was a spunky curious dog and after I bought him a few weeks later I was wondering "what did I do" I was wondering if I chose the right pup! I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old. & year old could defend herself pretty well but she did get a few good bites on her. My 2 year old is another story! I felt so bad for him Cooper would bite him so hard and make him bleed. Some of the bites were really deep and bled a lot! I would sometimes put Cooper in his Kennel to defuse the situation. He will grow out of this. Around 4 months old he will start losing his baby teeth and let me tell you his adult teeth are NOT the knives his baby teeth are. Cooper settled down a lot after he started losing his teeth to. He is now 7 months and a lover...he is such a chill relaxed dog and I am so happy I have him. This is just a phase one thing I would suggest is tell you kids not to run from him because it eggs him on more and he thinks they are really playing then he may aready be chasing them when your children run from him! The bigger he gets the worse he gets because he is going to be able to take your kids down. But like I said he will grow out of it. I would put my hand around his mouth closing it shut and say no biting. Just keep up doing what you are doing making sure he knows it is not acceptable behavior. Gracie never went through the biting stage, I mean she would do her randoms playing bites here and there but nothing like Cooper! Coop still will have his days where he will bite or nip the kids but it is just puppy play! He has learned the soft biting play as well but sometimes he will get carried away and bite a little hard. Just keep and eye on your pup and correct him when you need to!

I copied and pasted this from another thread I wrote on so make the "he's" a "she" :)

Welcome to EBN!! You will love it here

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! There is an article on the home page called Welcoming home you new bulldog puppy.

It has lots of great info on it, but the best way to learn is to read all the topics that are posted.

Your baby is so cute and smooshie!

OP
LulaMX

LulaMX

Mar 26, 2012
Tijuana, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula
Wow.. thanks a lot for the comments.. :)
A person commented about the heat.. well the climate here is the same as in California, weird all year :) *laughs* we're on spring and we have temperatures of
min/max 6/26ºC (~ 43/79ºF) but I've noticed our Lula likes to take some sun baths and we noticed yesterday that she threw water with her paw from the water dish she has
and made a small puddle and threw herself in and she slept there for a while. Since my iwfe and I work, we left her inside all day with plenty of water on her dish and food.

Thanks a lot for the welcome guys.. and if I have some comments or questions about the behaviour of our bully I'll bother you in here :)

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Welcome! Shes so cute, post more pics!!!

There are a ton of great articles on here...if you see she is trying to bite furniture or anything buy something called "Bitter Yuck" or "Bitter Apple"...its safe to spray on just about anything and it will make her not want to bite it anymore. However, I dont recomend to use this on your body. Instead, if she tries to bite you say firmly, "NO BITE" and give her a nyla bone or a kong toy, whatever you like...try to redirect the behavior. Sooner or later she will get it and not go for you anymore. Welcome to the EBN family!! Bullys are a one of a kind breed any will bring great happiness to your family! Good luck!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=246-An-important-reminder-about-bulldogs-heat

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN. I have been to Tijuana a few times since I was stationed in San Diego in the Navy. I miss the food there for sure. Lula is a cutie!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.