New to here but not to bulldogs:)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN, Lexi.... both your babies are darling. I wouldn't be concerned too much about her weight but I'd monitor it closely to be sure she doesn't continue to loose weight. Like Lari (wife) said, Princess Gracie is only 41# @5.5 years so not all bullies are big. BTW...Your and Indy's matching polish is stunning... :laugh: Thanx for joining, we are happy to have you here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Welcome to EBN!!! Your bullies are adorable!! Give Indy time and she will gain back her weight!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the site. Your bullies are adorable. Bless you for giving Indy the love and care that was needed. Not many out there would do that. Anyone can own a dog, however it takes someone special to be own a bulldog.

Don't worry about her size, Females are smaller. We actually have a few little ones here on the site. My Bella is 32lbs and Libra926, her Baby O is about the same. Enjoy the size since they always think they are lap dogs no matter how big or small.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
:welcome: Lexi, Tank and Indy...and Happy Birthday Indy you beautiful girl! Your dedication to your babies shows cuz they are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing their pictures with us. My BabyGirl has a smaller head but like others say females heads don't get as big.

7474f5ea.jpg

OP
A

AlexisVictoria

Apr 15, 2012
Syracuse, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Indy
Thank you all very much! My babies are my pride and joy! Tank weighs about 57lbs. as well.
When i told the lady that she had parvo from her house she flipped out and told me i should just put her down if it costs that much.... obviously she has no idea who i am because i would never do that! i am only 21 but i have a more mature and caring heart than a 30 something year old. I dont care how much it costs, its priceless knowing i saved a life!:angel:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow that lady had some nerve!! You are an angel, you are her angel!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:welcome: Glad you joined us! Your babies are soooooo cute! Glad all is going well with Indy. Tank is such a handsome boy! love his coloring...I learned so much from this site! I have seen females are smaller than males. Some not much but some are smaller...Even boys are smaller than others..With her weight I wouldnt be concerned as long as she isnt losing. What kind of food are they on?

C

Cooper11

Awwwww I think she is perfect!!!! Females tend do be smaller than males anyway! Your poor Baby!! She is lucky to have such a great mommy to take care of her. You were her angel! Who knows where she would be if you didn't get her!!! You are doing a great job and I am sure you will be able to help us as much as we can help you! Welcome! So glad you found the site!!! Love the pink toes!!!! And also she may gain a little weight yet....he sickness I am sure took a toll on her and she is still recovering! Good Job Momma!!!! Tank is handsome as well!!! We have a few Tanks on here! The name is such a fitting name for a bully!

[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] Indy kinda looks like babygirl! :yes: Maybe you can send you a feather head bank so they can match! :rofl:

OP
A

AlexisVictoria

Apr 15, 2012
Syracuse, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Indy
Thank you all it means alot! And once the virus is completely gone her and i are going shopping! And [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] they are usually on either science diet or beneful. If there is a good brand for bulldogs let me know. Tank let's me know if he doesn't like it anyway that's why we have 2a big bags just sitting in our pantry haha

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome to the family. Your babies are beautiful and obviously soiled add all bullies should be. Your kids are both perfect looking. In fact she may be small but she looks much broader than my little miila. I got miila at just over s year old and it is obvious she was not feed good food when growing cuz she is thin. Miila weighs in at 35 pounds to but has that longer body type with the big bootie wiggle. As for foods, we have a recommended foods list on the home page. A lot of us here feed Fromm grain free. My pups love it. I am in process of switching to earthborn now but not because I WA not happy with from only for miila to see if I can work on her allergies some. you can find great foods at petflow.com and they ship free. Best thing for a mom of 2 toddlers cuz going to a store to buy it isn't easy with babies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

C

Cooper11

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings

Here is a list of the top dog foods EBN recommends... You would be surprised what a good dog food does for a bully! I just switched to the 4 star fromm for Cooper because he was throwing up and I believe he has an allergy to grain.... SO once on the fromm (grain free) he has been doing great. He is as white as can be too....he use to have tears stains and redness in his face and just by finding the right food no more tears stains :) as Cali Jenn mentioed petflow...you can order most of these kinds on there.... Science Diet is not a popular bully food on here.... I am sure many will tell you to switch because science diet has changed so much and isn't as good for bullies.... but if its working for you and your bullies are doing good on what they are eating now I wouldn't change! :)

[MENTION=4701]AlexisVictoria[/MENTION]

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Welcome! You have two very gorgeous bullies! So sorry you had to go through all of that with Indy, but so glad that she had you to take care of her and not the nut who owned her before!

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Welcome Lexi,Tank,and Indy! It's so great that Indy has such a caring bully mom to nurse her back to health :) I love Tanks beautiful red brindle color, he is so handsome! Bullies come in lots of builds and sizes, Indy looks fine to me, in fact, her head is bigger than my girls and she is almost two, your girl still has time to fill out! Please check out the link that @ Cooper11 sent you, feeding your dogs a four star dog food can save you money from vet bills! =)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Thank you all it means alot! And once the virus is completely gone her and i are going shopping! And @ChanelnBrutus they are usually on either science diet or beneful. If there is a good brand for bulldogs let me know. Tank let's me know if he doesn't like it anyway that's why we have 2a big bags just sitting in our pantry haha

Sorry took so long to get back to you! You got some great advice from [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] regarding food...Check out the food reccomendation...As far as Science Diet and Beneful there is much better food out there...I currently feed Fromm Beef Frittata Grain Free...I learned on this site that it all starts with a healthy diet...If you havent checked it out yet def do so and llet me know if you need anything else...More pics too of those adorable babies..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.