OP
LilaandJose

LilaandJose

Apr 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
IMG00173-20120407-0933.jpgIMG00174-20120407-0944.jpgIMG00175-20120407-1404.jpgIMG00176-20120407-1451.jpgIMG00179-20120407-1514.jpgIMG00183-20120409-2150.jpg

OP
LilaandJose

LilaandJose

Apr 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks everyone for all the advice! Glad to know that he will eventually grow out of the feet biting and I am going to try the coins and spray bottle method next. And I thought the no bath thing was weird too so will definitely give him one this weekend. Hope you guys like the pics!

OP
LilaandJose

LilaandJose

Apr 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The vet said not to give him a bath cause he is just a puppy and his immune system isn't developed. Everyone here seems to disagree so I will take your advice.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I agree with @GRACIE11. What a great boyfriend to give you an EB puppy. He must love you bunches:luv:
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and you should stay here because you will learn so much that books and even some vets can't tell you because it's all about "experience" on this forum. There are no two bulldogs exactly alike so you will see a variety of answers. My bullies are full grown so my puppy experience was uneventful except for losing some major pieces of furniture in my family room, remote controls and cell phones (all my fault) because I wasn't watchful enough. Oh and please make sure you keep any electrical cords out of the way cuz we've had a couple of incidents where puppies got zapped but thankfully survived. Get on your hands and knees and look through the eyes of your puppy and you will see some of the dangers he might be inclined to get into. Some pups will eat socks, toys and whatever is left on the floor so please inspect frequently and you certainly don't want your pup to have surgery if it can't pass thru their system. When it comes to puppies "prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I've never heard of not bathing till completing shots. I hope Tank isn't too stinky but I imagine if he steps into his own poo it wouldn't hurt to wash his paws. I never had any bitey puppies. BabyGirl use to bite Mr. Wilson on the neck but very infrequently. This seems to be very common as I noticed newbies with new puppies always say that their puppies bite feet and toes and their kids but with proper training grow out of it eventually so don't feel alone about it. It will pass and you'll look back and laugh but now you'll have "experience" and can help others here on EBN. Thanks for joining.

Last edited:
C

Cooper11

Welcome :dancing: you will love it here. I know what you mean by always wanting a bully but never thought you would ever own one! :) You little guy is a cutie!! As for the bath I agree I see nothing wrong with it.... The breeder we got Coop and Gracie actually gave them a bath while we were there so they were nice and clean when we took them home. I actually have never heard to not give them a bath :) Very interesting! :yes: You will soon realize if you haven't already your friends will think you are crazy. They don't know what it is like to own a bully and you will constantly be talking about him! We are all obsessed with out bullies on here! I think I talk about bullies 24/7 and if I'm not talking about them I am thinking about them! I have had many dogs in the past but owning an EB is a total different experience. I am glad you found this site as I have gotten plenty of helpful info from everyone...

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Welcome! Here you will find the friendliest bulldog community out there and lots of helpful people, so never be afraid to ask anything!

Tank is absolutely adorable!! :luv:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Whatta face on that angel boy! Welcome!

Here's my best puppy training advice:
1) Remember, he's just a baby - he'll learn and you have to be a patient, calm leader! He's not eating the couch just to piss you off. He's a puppy! They try to eat couches! LOL
2) Did I mention patience? Also persistence. He's going to be --- and you have to be also. Toes are NOT for chewing. You can disagree with any unacceptable behavior without yelling at him - which will only serve to confuse him anyway at this point.
3) Enjoy your pup! He's going to be a GIANT couch eating monster in no time. Don't accept a behavior now because it's "cute" because it won't be when he's 65 lbs and doesn't know who his pack leader is! :lol:

I love his little "eye patch".....my Bo has that. Aren't they GRAND?!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the magical and wonderful world of BULLDOGS!! Your little bundle of joy is adorable... love his markings! You've gotten great advice.... just remember with the biting -- divert his attention to what is his to chew... bone, antler, toys.

OP
LilaandJose

LilaandJose

Apr 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks everyone! Glad you like his pics. I agree with [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] I am totally obsessed with my EB puppy. I think my bf is now questioning his decision of getting me one cause I am always with Tank, talking about him, and when he is sleeping I am on here searching the forums for more advice. lol. I finally gave Tank his first bath yesterday. =) How often would you guys suggest I give him a bath? I know their skin can dry out. Is twice a month good? more or less?

C

Cooper11

Thanks everyone! Glad you like his pics. I agree with @Cooper11 I am totally obsessed with my EB puppy. I think my bf is now questioning his decision of getting me one cause I am always with Tank, talking about him, and when he is sleeping I am on here searching the forums for more advice. lol. I finally gave Tank his first bath yesterday. =) How often would you guys suggest I give him a bath? I know their skin can dry out. Is twice a month good? more or less?

Every bully is different when it comes to baths. I didn't bath Cooper much when he was a baby...but now that he is a little older his coat gets so greasy and i could probably give him a bath weekly but I try to extend it to every 10 days or so. Just use an oatmeal based shampoo....that is best for bullies. If you search shampoo in the seach boz [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] just recommended a shampoo.. I am going to try to get what she recommended cause Coop is full of allergies and having skin problems!!!

O and as for your boyfriend....just ignore him. My hubby tells me all the time I am to obsessed with Cooper and I love him more than I love him :blink: I didn't think I made it that obvious!!! :rofl: But yes your bf will be jealous of your bully for sure. We can't help how much we love of babies!!!! :) There are many on here that will tell you they have jealous hubbies or bf's....... :) And there are some that their hubbies are just as obsessed as they as. My mom [MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] has Cooper sister and we talk all the time about our hubbies moving in together and my mom living with me so we can each get another bully. I think my mom and Gracie are looking to find a new husband!!! :lmao:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.