LilaandJose

Apr 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hey everyone, my name is Lori and I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I just got a 2 month old bulldog puppy from my boyfriend as a surprise last week. I have been browsing this site every chance I get cause I have so many questions. I've researched information about the breed and always wanted one. I never thought I would finally get one and now that I do, I'm a nervous wreck. I would ask my friends general puppy questions but no one I know has a little bully so here I am. =)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! What is your new baby's name? Don't be afraid to ask anything were here for you!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:welcome: Lori and baby bully!! You have found the right place, you don't just have a puppy you have an English Bulldog puppy...BIG difference, they are a breed of their own!!! Any questions you may have I can assure you one of us has been there or done that. Ask away!! We love, love, love pictures, so please post some pictures of your baby!!!!

L

Lucy-licious

:welcome: Lori you certainly came to the right place. There is nothing we love more than helping new parents :hug:

OP
LilaandJose

LilaandJose

Apr 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks!! His name is Tank. Okay, here are some questions: I was wondering if it was okay to give the puppy treats at 2 months. The vet says don't give him any and just give him nutri cal vitamins but our friend said you won't be able to train without it. The vet also said not to give him a bath until he finished his shots. Is this true? Tank doesn't finish his shots until the first week of June and I feel like wiping him down with baby wipes isn't enough but I don't want him to get sick either. And my biggest issue for right now is the chewing/biting. He has a bunch of chews toys and sometimes he chases an empty water bottle around but after 5 min he is back trying to bite my feet and chewing on my couch. Okay, I will leave it at that for today. Sorry it's long lol. I will also post more pics later on. They are mostly of him sleeping cause he doesn't stay still so a lot of my pics show a white and brown blur. lol

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hey everyone, my name is Lori and I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I just got a 2 month old bulldog puppy from my boyfriend as a surprise last week. I have been browsing this site every chance I get cause I have so many questions. I've researched information about the breed and always wanted one. I never thought I would finally get one and now that I do, I'm a nervous wreck. I would ask my friends general puppy questions but no one I know has a little bully so here I am. =)

Welcome fellow Brooklynite!!! Post some pics of the pup we'd love to see them! As for the biting you can always get the spray called "Bitter Yuck" its all surface safe and it should prevent him from biting stuff you dont want.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Welcome Lori and tank! Bubba was my first bully also. They definitely are like no other breed! Totally live him! Although his stubborn side is annoying at times! :). A lot of patients! This site helped me tremendously and everyone is so nice and eager to help! You'll love it! Congrats! Bubba bit a lot as a puppy. A lot of redirection and discipline needed. That became very apparent at meal time. He came from a large litter and he was the biggest. I quickly found out why! He was a pig (hence his name)! I tried to go directly to the food as soon as I put it down and try to take the other dogs food. Took quite a few minutes to get hum to wait until I allowed him to eat. Several weeks a had to sit in the kitchen and make sure he has respect for the other digs and not take his food! But it paid off. Will wait and. Ever steal food from the others. Good luck! Pics please!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN, Lori!! ;) Take a deep breath, relax. You have found where you need to be. There is no question you can have that someone here hasn't been there, done that.... or we can help you find the answer. The purpose of this site is to help each other make having the greatest dogs on earth a happy time instead of a horror show. Bulllies are different from every other dog but the experience here will help make your baby a joy to be owned by. (they own US, not the alternative)Sit back, relax, have fun here and start asking questions. Oh, we also have a lot of fun along the way... Glad you joined. :)

ps: :pics:

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I've never heard of not bathing a pup until after shots. It seems that the younger you get a pup used to baths the better to me, but I'm not an expert. Id love to know the reasons behind your vet advising that.

As far as the biting you need to consistently divert and redirect. Some people use coins in a can and some use spray bottles of water for this.

You can use some of the puppy kibble as 'treats' for training.

Looking forward to those pics.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site Lori, so glad you found us. I have never heard of not giving a pup a bath either. As far as the biting, that's a pup for you, you can redirect like Lari said or also with a chew toy. When he bites you say "NO" and give the chew toy. It will take time but he will learn and out grow it. Here is an excellent article on bringing puppy home that may help. Sit back relax and enjoy your bundle of joy.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=354-Welcoming-Home-Your-New-Bulldog-Puppy

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hi there Lori and Tank! It's great that you found this place while he is a baby, you'll get alot of good advice as he is growing up! :) You may want to check out the nutrition section here because bullies do best on high quality food. :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome Lori and Tank! Puppies love feet! I agree to redirect his biting/chewing to a toy, but my experience is they have very short attention spans and always go back to the feet. They do outgrow their foot fetish usually. I have not heard of the no bath until shots completed rule.
And some Bulldogs are impossible to train without treats, kibble makes a good treat!

Last edited:
OP
LilaandJose

LilaandJose

Apr 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Welcome fellow Brooklynite!!! Post some pics of the pup we'd love to see them! As for the biting you can always get the spray called "Bitter Yuck" its all surface safe and it should prevent him from biting stuff you dont want.

Thanks! I got bitter apple and it worked. =)

OP
LilaandJose

LilaandJose

Apr 13, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg028.jpgIMG_7551.jpgIMG_9376.jpg

More to come...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online