Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Member

Welcome Lori and Tank! Puppies love feet! I agree to redirect his biting/chewing to a toy, but my experience is they have very short attention spans and always go back to the feet. They do outgrow their foot fetish usually. I have not heard of the no bath until shots completed rule.
    And some Bulldogs are impossible to train without treats, kibble makes a good treat!
    Last edited by Alice Kable; 04-13-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    Welcome fellow Brooklynite!!! Post some pics of the pup we'd love to see them! As for the biting you can always get the spray called "Bitter Yuck" its all surface safe and it should prevent him from biting stuff you dont want.
    Thanks! I got bitter apple and it worked. =)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

-004-jpg-005-jpg-006-jpg-028-jpg-img_7551-jpg-img_9376-jpg

More to come...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

-img00173-20120407-0933-jpg-img00174-20120407-0944-jpg-img00175-20120407-1404-jpg-img00176-20120407-1451-jpg-img00179-20120407-1514-jpg-img00183-20120409-2150-jpg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for all the advice! Glad to know that he will eventually grow out of the feet biting and I am going to try the coins and spray bottle method next. And I thought the no bath thing was weird too so will definitely give him one this weekend. Hope you guys like the pics!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

The vet said not to give him a bath cause he is just a puppy and his immune system isn't developed. Everyone here seems to disagree so I will take your advice.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I agree with @GRACIE11. What a great boyfriend to give you an EB puppy. He must love you bunches
    Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and you should stay here because you will learn so much that books and even some vets can't tell you because it's all about "experience" on this forum. There are no two bulldogs exactly alike so you will see a variety of answers. My bullies are full grown so my puppy experience was uneventful except for losing some major pieces of furniture in my family room, remote controls and cell phones (all my fault) because I wasn't watchful enough. Oh and please make sure you keep any electrical cords out of the way cuz we've had a couple of incidents where puppies got zapped but thankfully survived. Get on your hands and knees and look through the eyes of your puppy and you will see some of the dangers he might be inclined to get into. Some pups will eat socks, toys and whatever is left on the floor so please inspect frequently and you certainly don't want your pup to have surgery if it can't pass thru their system. When it comes to puppies "prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I've never heard of not bathing till completing shots. I hope Tank isn't too stinky but I imagine if he steps into his own poo it wouldn't hurt to wash his paws. I never had any bitey puppies. BabyGirl use to bite Mr. Wilson on the neck but very infrequently. This seems to be very common as I noticed newbies with new puppies always say that their puppies bite feet and toes and their kids but with proper training grow out of it eventually so don't feel alone about it. It will pass and you'll look back and laugh but now you'll have "experience" and can help others here on EBN. Thanks for joining.
    Last edited by Fontanafox; 04-13-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome Lori, and congrats on your beautiful boy

Cooper11

Welcome you will love it here. I know what you mean by always wanting a bully but never thought you would ever own one! You little guy is a cutie!! As for the bath I agree I see nothing wrong with it.... The breeder we got Coop and Gracie actually gave them a bath while we were there so they were nice and clean when we took them home. I actually have never heard to not give them a bath Very interesting! You will soon realize if you haven't already your friends will think you are crazy. They don't know what it is like to own a bully and you will constantly be talking about him! We are all obsessed with out bullies on here! I think I talk about bullies 24/7 and if I'm not talking about them I am thinking about them! I have had many dogs in the past but owning an EB is a total different experience. I am glad you found this site as I have gotten plenty of helpful info from everyone...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Star
    Likes (Received)

Welcome and that is the cutest lil boy

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

Love the pictures....your boyfriend did really good

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member