Nervous wreck over Izzy's spay

cathryn

Mar 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
My girl is going to be spayed next week and I am a wreck thinking about it. My vet is confident in doing the procedure. Does anyone have any tips or advice on question I should ask.. or to calm my nerves!?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Ask the vet what type of anestesia (sp) they use.... Someone can provide the name of the correct one for bullies ( I don't remember what it is called). Apparently it makes a difference with bullies.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
isoflourine. (sp) I was a mess when we got Miila spayed a few months ago too. It is so hard on us, BUT she will be fine. If you are confident with your vet and they use the right gas etc, she will be just fine. Miila healed up fine but she also had her cherry eye and elongated pallet fixed at the same time. Her eye was my main focus cuz she scratched it after surgery so really her spaying was easy. lol. Are you planning on using a cone? They have different types ou there. The soft sided cone from petsmart I think it is, works pretty well at making them easy to eat and get around. Being a spay it would be enough to probably keep her away from her tummy. It wasnt so good for Miilas eye, hence the scratch. haha BUT for a reg surgery I would probably use them again. Have heard of the donut type which might be good too. Never used it myself tho. Good luck. You will fel so good once it is all done anyhow. ;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I know exactly how you feel! I worried so much when Jake was neutered..we all do! Just ask the right questions.especialy the gas they will use! Then come here..we will talk you through it! :hug:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Make sure they do the blood panel prior to the surgery and that they use the Isoflourine gas (sp?). Raven is having her spay today. I feel so bad for her. They kept her last night because they were going to do the surgery early this morning. It is very hard waiting. Good luck when you have your spay day.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
My crazy, wild girl went thru it ok, I was scared she was gonna rip her stitches out, but she didn't. :)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Karly was spayed in Feb and I remember being nervous too. Wishing a speedy recovery for Izzy and Raven! Keep us posted on how you and they are holding up. Sending positive wishes your way!

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Good luck I have written 4 post on this about Gracie and they would not post so I AM KEEPING IT SHORT.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven my love bug did well. Getting ready to run out of work and pick her up. The techs at the office asked if they could keep her. Seems prior to her surgery she had trained them to carry her around the way she loves us to, like a baby, they were loving it. She will be on her way home with the best pain meds her mamma could find.

Good luck for Izzy's spay next week.

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Good Luck and hope everything goes well. My Tess goes in April 27th to get spray and I'm already a mess!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Good luck and keep us posted!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: advice has already been given, so I can only add. Be sure to let us know after she's home! We would love to see some pics.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
1) Thank you for being a responsible pet pawrent and spaying (or neutering) your loving companion.

2) She'll be fine. Really. Bea had a hernia surgery also while she was getting her equipment disabled and she was running around like a nut the next day. Like it never happened. Oh...and then she ALSO had an allergic reaction to the sutures....so we went thru THAT too...and she was just fine. :D

Let us know how it goes (which will be great, I'm sure)!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I know how worrying it can be, and I can't add anymore to the advice you've been given. Let us know how it goes .. and post plenty of pics!!

We always find the biggest problem is keeping them as quiet as they are supposed to be after it's been done!!! :blink:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.