Nervous wreck over Izzy's spay

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I am about to take little Uni in on Monday to get spayed. I am so nervous too. I feel ya. I know she will be ok. The thing I am wondering about is if I should get her pain meds or not. My first instinct is to go ahead and get her the meds, but I have read that they make them more active because they don't feel the pain and are more likely to hurt them selves. But Uni is pretty calm anyway, so I think I am gonna do it, I don't want her to be in pain.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Raven my love bug did well. Getting ready to run out of work and pick her up. The techs at the office asked if they could keep her. Seems prior to her surgery she had trained them to carry her around the way she loves us to, like a baby, they were loving it. She will be on her way home with the best pain meds her mamma could find.

Good luck for Izzy's spay next week.

How is Raven doing?

[MENTION=4505]cathryn[/MENTION] -- good luck next week and be sure to update us on her recovery.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION].. raven dId remarkably well. The vet said the surgery took all of 15 minutes. When we went to pick her up she was walking around in the back visiting with everyone acting like she was the queen. She was a bit miffed at us but once we got in the car she was happy. I would have to says she was back to being her crazy self later that night. I have had to remind her she had surgery and needed to take it easy. Honestly you would never know she had surgery. Thanks for thinking of her.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3104]mendomama[/MENTION].. Get uni the pain killers. They didn't make her any more active just comfy. At least get a days worth if you want. When i had my tubes tied and I tell you the thing was no joke, mind you I have a very high pain threshold, so I wanted her to have them. Good luck with uni's spay. I will say a puppy prayer for her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama.. raven dId remarkably well. The vet said the surgery took all of 15 minutes. When we went to pick her up she was walking around in the back visiting with everyone acting like she was the queen. She was a bit miffed at us but once we got in the car she was happy. I would have to says she was back to being her crazy self later that night. I have had to remind her she had surgery and needed to take it easy. Honestly you would never know she had surgery. Thanks for thinking of her.

So happy to hear she is recovering so well!! They sure are resilient little buggers.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]...she sure did better than I did. I think the vet that performed her surgery is pretty good. That all contributed to her speedy healing.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So glad that it turned out ok!!! :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online