Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Hi All,

I have been meaning to say hello sooner. But things have been touch & go since we bought Lily home.
3 days after we got here she went to the vet and had to start meds because she was either just getting over or about to start having parasites.
A week later she came down with kennel cough. So the vet switched her meds. Then we had to rush her to the vet during the night because she was not breathing well. Turns out she had a upper respiratory infection due to the kennel cough that she was being treated for.
They changed her meds yet again.
Then she somehow got bite by a bug on her tummy and had a major allergic reaction to it. This was a week later Her breathing was not good, she was all red and itchy & throwing up.
So back to the vet we went. The vet gave her a benadryl shot and some fluids under the skin because she was a little dehydrated. Plus a shot to stop the throwing up.
The nurse at the vet asked me where I got Lily when I told her it she was from a pet shop the look on her face told me everything I was afarid of. I feel so foolish that I got her there and not from a breeder but when I saw there I just fell in love with her and I felt that I had to take her home with me and not leave her there.
But I must be honest I am so scared of what could happen knowing that I got Lily from a pet store. She is my first pet and my first bully. I love this dog to death! She is like the daugther I never had.
I just want to enjoy her but I am so scared about what could happen next with her. I am always worrying. And It shouldn't be that way.
I do not reget Lily but I don't want her to suffer because of where she came from.
She just finshed her meds finally yesterday. And she goes back to the vet on Monday.
How do I just relax with her?

Lisa

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome to the world of bullies. Dont beat yourself up so much, we all have made these mistakes. Now all you can do is focus on getting her healthy. Do you have a good bully vet? That is key especially having so many problems with her already. Dont be shy, ask ask ask. We all are happy to help any way we can so if you have any questions or pics or stories please share. ;) Pics would be great!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site Lisa, so don't beat yourself up about this, just be happy you got her out of that place and just give her plenty of love. Maybe this will be all her problems and she will live a happy life with you. We would love to see some pics of your sweet Lily. So make yourself at home and post any question or story of Lily you like.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:welcome: Like the others said dont get hard on yourself! Glad she found a home with you and not someone who wouldnt want to take care of her b/c she was sick! Glad you found us and there are SO MANY people here that have all the knowledge we need in taking care of our babies! You have done everything right so far with getting her to the vet for the illness! Thanks for poting and plllease share some pics of your little girl....:)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You can relax with her by starting with "Exhale" ahhhhhh, better? now go lay down with her and let the love flow. rub her little rose bud ears and let her love you back. That's how you can relax with her. Don't count the things that have gone wrong. Look at the good times ahead for how ever long you have with her. Like you said, she the daughter you never had. Enjoy [MENTION=4450]Lily122511[/MENTION]
by the way, is that her birthday? 12/25/11

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Thanks everyone! And it's so nice to be here and to meet all of you!
Thanks for the great advice.
I did post pics. If I did it right. LOL
Please let me know if you guys can see my pics.
I can see them on my profile page.
And yes her birthday is 12/25. How cool is that!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: glad to have you here. Now I'm going to go check out the pics on your profile.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
Lily is meant to be with you...use all the experts' advice here to nurse her back to health. you found her and she found you...relax into your nursing role, and embrace the journey. congratulations, mama!!

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
Congratulations Lisa! Lily is an absolute doll. Just take it one day at a time and enjoy the quiet moments you have with her snuggling and such.
There are so many people on here with great advice and experience. You have definitely come to the right place for love and support.:hug:

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hello to you and Lily! Sounds like baby girl got off to a rough start, gosh darn it :/ Hope she gets well soon!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN..... Lisa, we are so glad you came here and I hope we can somehow help Lily..... who btw is DARLING!!!. lol There are so many people here with huge bully knowledge that almost anything that you need to know about the breed can be found right here on EBN. Besides that we are just fun people to be around. ;) Please post more pix and don't be afraid to ask questions. Thanx again for joining.

L

Lucy-licious

I'm a little late here but just wanted to say hello :hug:

and repeat a few things already said....firstly "breath" I know she has a lot of issues at the moment nut once her little chest clears up she will be running around tearing the house down.

Thankyou for taking her home with you...it sounds like your gonna be a wonderful mama and she needs you lots and will love you back more than you've ever been loved before.

that said I'm off to your profile to check her out :love:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.