Hello Everyone!!!! I'm seeking out some Great advice :)

OP
A

act like a bully

Mar 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Sandman
The reason there are several sets is because we try to find a great 1 for him...mbe his pickyness comes from ME:nope: also several being 3!sorry!
Well anyway at each vet we brought up the issue and they said sooner or later he will eat don't worry.... we had them do a health checkup each time and they said he was fine.
I think I need to practice the tough love:tease:

Woa! Poop over ice cream! I feel better about my lil guy now Thanks! Lol...jk
Currently feeding him Into the wild puppy ..bison flavor...it says he should be eating 3-4times a day!
Well thanks for the insight .. have completely taken away treats which is where I think he may have developed it! He's trained but expects food from ha:nope:nd

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Am I the only one singing "Mr. Sandman" in my head as I read this thread.....? (*Please G*d, don't let that stick in my head all day....please) I'm dying to know how you chose that name. It's cute.

Your pup is a cutie pie. Welcome!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
None of my pups are picky eaters at all but I have to say when I switched to fromm they started over eating. ( I used to free feed before fromm) Apparently the stuff is yummy. Maybe worth a try?

OP
A

act like a bully

Mar 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Sandman
Hmm....
My husband had mentioned fromm.....mbe worth a try down the line if he doesn't like TOTW.....
ALTHOUGH!!!!!!!!

We noticed that he is eating a little bit more! Without treats!!!!!!
Okay mbe a little cottage cheese in his food but he's eating!!!!! Yay :)
THANKS ALL!!!!!
aside from cottage cheese and yogurt, what are your favourite (and safe/healthy) treats to give a Bulldog??????? Any suggestions?

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN!! I don't think I need to give you any further advice since the pros have talked. Arnold has never said no to food so this is out of my realm!! You are at the right place!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I don't really have anything to add about your guy being a light eater except to say :welcome: to EBN! All my dogs have always had GREEDY appetites. If you want to see the Poo vs. Peppermint Ice Cream video, just let me know.......:laugh: :laugh:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: I would cut out all treats including the cottage cheese and see if that helps his appetite.

Also, do you have any other dogs in the house .. if not you could maybe try free feeding him ... he could be a bully that just likes to "graze" rather than eat a full meal at one sitting. Just a thought ....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.