Hello Everyone!!!! I'm seeking out some Great advice :)

act like a bully

Mar 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Sandman
Hello everyone! The world would be a better place if we all acted like BULLIES wouldn't. Loyal ,Funny, Loving and we all thought wrinkles were cute :bully: well...maybe not like this guy...but they do have some pretty nice personality characteristics:D
I think we should all act like a bully ...at least for a minute of our day!

Well... I need some sound advice!!!!! My bully won't eat unless I intervene somehow!!! He has been checked by multiple vets and is HEALTHY but lately, unless I feed him from my hand or make the food somehow "playful "...he will just walk by ! I have added cottage cheese and switched foods multiple times (canidae ...TOTW...Canned) he's not buying...just eating bout a 1/4 or so at night ......
help help help!!!!

OP
A

act like a bully

Mar 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Sandman
I forgot to mention he is active, around 4 mos. And 23-/+ lbs.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Welcome! Hahah :) you're so right about acting like a Bullie, the world would be alot happier I think! I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your pup's problem, but someone will be along soon who can. I just wanted to say Hi :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Have you tried raw feeding. My Usko use to eat kibble only when he was really hungry. I tried to spice it up with all sorts of stuff, but no use, he just didn't like it. I switched to raw and he's still picky and regulates his eating, but loves most of the things I offer.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Sounds to me like Mr. Sandman is training you to hand feed him or make a game out of eating! The only time one of my Bulldogs has not eaten there was a health issue, but you've had that checked out. What I would do is put his food down for 1/2 hr. in the am. Then pick it up. Put it down again in the pm for 1/2 hour. He will eat eventually and he needs to eat when you feed him.
Welcome to EBN! We'd love to see pictures of your smart Mr. Sandman.

OP
A

act like a bully

Mar 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Sandman
No...I hadn't tried the raw feeding ...a bit hesitant since I have already weaned between two foods...I wanted to use the eggs -cottage cheese as snacks...but I dont know what to do ...he likes to play a lot and we have to calm him down when he runs around too much...he's too distracted to eat! Im afraid he burns more calories than he takes in But thank you ...I may just get desperate.......should he be rounded anyways? At this age?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I dont have much advice on not eating as my Brutus is a pig! What are you feeing him right now? When did this start?

OP
A

act like a bully

Mar 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Sandman
Yes....I think behind that innocent"who me? " eyes...he's working me... so its about tough love then...! Im pretty sure he's not sick especially since he does eat once our hands have something to do with it! Any particular feeding schedule you would follow with four month olds? Im afraid to stunt his growth ... if his will is as strong as I think it is.
But I will do it...thank you

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I'm afraid I can't help with the not eating either because I would only mimic what's been suggested. But wanted to say hi, and :pics: ;)

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] if I were you I wouldn't take his advice to start acting like a bully! Don't really want to see a video of you choosing to eat :poo: over ice cream :blink:

C

Cooper11

Sounds like another [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] ...Gunny won't eat unless he is spoon fed!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
"He has been checked by several vets...".. was this for THIS particular issue? What did they tell you, specifically? A bully not eating can be an issue with their health.

Anyway, :welcome: to EBN.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
My Buddy boy is picky like that too, he eats only when he feels like it.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Sounds to me like Mr. Sandman is training you to hand feed him or make a game out of eating! The only time one of my Bulldogs has not eaten there was a health issue, but you've had that checked out. What I would do is put his food down for 1/2 hr. in the am. Then pick it up. Put it down again in the pm for 1/2 hour. He will eat eventually and he needs to eat when you feed him.
Welcome to EBN! We'd love to see pictures of your smart Mr. Sandman.
lola was the same way. just wait him out.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online