Switch from puppy to adult food?

cathryn

Mar 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Hi- Im a new Bullie Momma, Izzy is 5.5 months old and about 35 lbs. Im wondering when others switched over to adult food? Izzy is currently on Orijen puppy.. It seems to work for her although I have noticed some discharge from her eyes , which make me wonder if the protein is to much for her.. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
FIrst off, :welcome: to EBN, Cathryn. Glad you came here for advice. We have many members that not only have raised lots of puppies but are food experts as well. Opinion will vary as to when to change but from what I've read here Izzy is about ready for big boy food. I'll let those who know more about it advise you but I wanted to welcome you and say I hope you find a second home here at EBN. It's almost a must for new bully people. I do hope you will post lots of pix.... before the natives get restless waiting for them...;)

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Welcome Cathryn and Izzy! You've definitely came to the right place for all things Bullie :) I kept my dogs on puppy kibble until they were 16 months old, because that's what I read somewhere, I'm far from being an expert, I'm sure someone else here will answer your question better ;)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I was given advice through mutiple members here who have raised puppies to switch at about 4 months to all stages/adult...Due to our bullies being slow with growth and stopping around 18-24 mnths....Most breeds stop growing about 12 mnths so they need the extra puppy proetin for fast growth...I wish I would have switched Brutus sooner as I feel he looks better and :poo: is firmer and much less...Everyone is different and has different opinions :) There is also a forum in nutrietien with food recomendations! You should check it out! :D

OH an :welcome: So gad you found us and cant wait to see some PICTURES ...One thing I learned real quick is everyone here loves pictures...lol Get it ready!:photo:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake was on an all stage food from 8 weeks on..I decided to switch him from Iams...:barf: That he came home on...and my vet likes all stages for bully's..he did great..but at your pups age..I would definitely go to an all stage...

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN..... I switched both my guys to adult food around 6 months

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.