Thread: Howdee from Apopka, Florida!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Puckingham
    Likes (Received)

Default Howdee from Apopka, Florida!

Hi everyone!
    I have been on here for a few weeks reading all of theinvaluable information and thought I should introduce myself and my baby!
    We have a 5 month old, who weighs 40 lbs as of the first ofMarch! His name is Puck, short forPuckingham. Full name is Lord StanleyPuckingham (we are hockey fans - obviously!).
    We got him around Thanksgiving and just cannot imagine lifewithout him now! This is our only petand the first pet my husband and I have had together. We live in Apopka, FL –close to Orlando. I could listen to hislittle piggy snorts all day long! Wish Iwould have got a bulldog years ago!
    This is the best source for Bully info that I have found. I have printed out the hot weather article (whichis applicable here all year round ).
    We have only had a few minor issues, and I think it isbecause of his food. He has always hadeye stains, which I didn’t realize was caused by food until I started readingthis forum. And he started to get gunkin his ear – the vet gave us ointment to put in them. The breeder had him on Royal Canin and we arein the process of switching him to Blue Buffalo Puppy (which he really likes). I feel bad for having him on this junk foodwhile he is in the early stages of his life and wish I switched him earlier. Ofcourse, the vet said Royal Canin is a good food (they also sell it). Arrgh!!
    I know we are still in the transition process, however, I amworried that Blue Buffalo may not be the best either. He seems to be burping more on this than hewas with Royal. How often can you switchfoods? I haven’t had any allergy tests performed yet, but I know the BB haschicken listed as the top ingredient. Are almost all Bulldogs allergic to chicken?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    THX!!!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Howdee from Apopka, Florida!

Hey and to you! WE are definalty going to need some more pictures :picture: Every1 will be asking too! lol I have learned that vets arent usually very educated very well in nutrition. They are also paid to push there products. I had Brutus on Solid Gold Lamb/Rice puppy until 8 months. After reading all the threads and speaking with other memebers I found out that at 4mnths he could have been on all stages and it is better for him! I made the switch to Fromm All stages Beef Frittatta its 6 star (thread in nutrition forum which gives food ratings) <---make a decison from that and alot of people will be by to give input as well! I wanted to stop the rice as he started licking his paws, soft and smelly and now after about 2-3 weeks I am seeing somewhat of a difference in smell of and they are alot better now! If he does have allergy to something in this food the brand Fromm is good b/c you dont have to gradually switch you can just switch in between. The allergy test I would have done until after 1 year! We are going to do it but they say that you should wait until 12months b/c it is possible the results could change! Hope this helps and Im sure others will be by with more information for you! Thanks for joining and good luck with the food switch
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN, Darasue.
    You can change foods many times as long as you do it slowly; such as, 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old food for several days, then go to half and half for a few days, then 3/4 new food to 1/4 old for several more days. Finally switching to 100% new food. Bullys have fragile tummys and get very sick (runny poo) if switched too fast.
    Thanx for joining EBN and hope to see a lot more of your new baby bully (PIX)!!

Cooper11

Welcome Miss Florida!!!! I am glad you are done creeping and finally decided to join all of us crazy obsessed bully owners....I agree with @ChanelnBrutus about maybe going the Fromm route. I am going to be switching to that as well! And although your little Puck looks so so cute in that tiny tiny avatar pic ......I would love to see more pics of your little guy! This site is a life saver when it comes to our bullies. So Many knowledgeable bully owners and just great people all together. Don't be shy ask anything...no question is a dumb question....if you are wondering about something I am sure there are many others wondering the same thing!! Have fun and now you can creep on profiles too

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Puckingham
    Likes (Received)

I just changed my avatar pic, plus I posted a bunch of photos on my profile!
    I keep hearing about Fromm, and there are a few stores that sell it around here. I think I am going to get some this weekend and start switching it out. If he does well with it, I will order it online.
    Thank you!
    Here is one of my fav pics:
    -puck-012012-jpg

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Puck is Very Cute! I love that pic too!

Since he is 5 months old I think you could put him on the all stages foods Fromm has instead of puppy. The grain free ones seem tolerated better. Gracie has done real well on the Fromm Beef Frittata.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to you and precious, handsome Puck.

I just recently had my boys tested for food allergies and they both are allergic to chicken, pork, and rice along with other food! Ruggles' new NVI Limited Ingredient Turkey just arrived today so we will start the change by 1/4 cup new food to 3/4 cup old for 2 days, then 1/2 & 1/2 for 2 days, 3/4 new, 1/4 old for two days.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and your little Puck is such a cute boy.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sylvia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tess & Rocky
    Likes (Received)

Hi and welcome to you and Puck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the group. I am just north of you (Jacksonville area) we have a couple more members here in Florida.

Puck is adorable and I can tell you are already hooked. I had a bully growing up and I will tell you, I will never have a house without one.

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

so nice to meet you! Puck is sooo precious! Glad you are jumping in!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome..Puck is adorable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads