Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Hello, Im an new member and ive been consulting this website for a few weeks now and ive decided to join since our bully has been throwing up lately and id like to get some baseline ideas and suggestions from all of you, our guy is 20 months old and weighs about 50lbs and hes amazing, Im looking forward to posting some pics soon.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome to you and to Hooch. I'm sorry he's not feeling well right now and I'm very hopeful there will be help and support for you here. Can you give us a bit more info..about his throwing up..when did it start? Any changes in diet or treats? Does he seem fine other than the throwing up? is there any chance he ate something?..like a piece of a toy...etc? He is a bit older than my Jake and I'd be very concerned also.

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Hello! thanks for asking about him and Hooch appreciates it....He doesnt throw up all the time but when he does its usually just the white froth and sometimes the rice. We have him on California Natural now, through trial and error we found out he is allergic to chicken and peanut butter. My girlfriend, the wonderful person that she is was so concened that she started making him ground beef and rice to settle his stomach and we've been feeding him that with his lamb fomula dry food from California Natural along with a tablespoon of yogurt for digestion. He seems to scarf this food down so quickly, could the throwup be from him being hungry at night and having an empty stomach?..We are debating having x ays done to see if there is undigested food or something in his belly that is causing this. We thought maybe his chew toys were making him sick? Any ideas?

We also feed him Blue Banana and yogurt teats..

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. It could very well be that he is eating too fast. Look into getting a 'slow feeding' bowl. They are raised in the middle and make the dog work for the food instead of just gulping it down.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
a few questions: how long has the throwing up been going on?
does it usually happen at certain times in the day or not, and if so, when?
does it happen after eating?
and sorry, this is yucky, but is it undigested food, frothy, or yellowish/greenish?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I'm getting hungry....

On the serious side.. (yes i do have one) How is his Poop ?
If he is pooping regulary that you can cross out any food or foreign object obstruction.

and until you get him that slow feed bowl that @BruceP recommended ( I have one and its great) feed him a hand full at a time today. Let him eat that kibble and then give him another handfull, until you reach his ration. If the throwing up was caused by eating too fast, this process will confirm it.
Good luck and Post some pictures.!

Edit: of Hooch.. not the vomit... :rofl:

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Thanks again for the fast replies folks, We will post pics soon, myself and girlfriend will both be using this account and i know she would love to show him off as i will do the same!

There have been a few times when he has not pooped fo a day or two but when he does its solid. I do notice that when he eats he yammers down his food so fast.

Do you folks still think we should feed him the beef and rice along with his dry food? His vomit is almost always the white froth, not much yellow or green tint to it.

What about the probitic yogurt?

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
beef is actually not great for bullies. i would stick with the rice though, and ask vet for advice on protein. the white froth means he is digesting his food. does he eat snow? bc mine LOVE to eat snow, and then throw up white froth, so it could be that also. yogurt is good for bullies' tummies. don't feed "low fat" though.

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Hooch has been throwing up for the past month now and one or two times a week. I read that some bully owners will give some dry food before the dog goes to bed at night, is that what most of you think we should try? He is not over fed but as i stated before he sure does hammer down his food. Im very concerned that he could have something in his stomach that is aggravating him.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Don't try too many changes at once or you'll never know what was the cause.

Try the easiest thing first... and that would be to slow feed him...
give that a try for a few days and see if the puKing stops...

MMmmmm I'm hungry again...
@JAKEISGREAT

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
@ Jack Daniels, thank you for the replies, we will try that tonight, will the slow feed option work with the ground beef and rice mixed in with the dry food? some members have said we should be feeding him ground beef always?...any food recommendations?

OP
Hooch11B

Hooch11B

Feb 29, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
@ Jack Daniels, thank you for the replies, we will try that tonight, will the slow feed option work with the ground beef and rice mixed in with the dry food? some members have said we should be feeding him ground beef always?...any food recommendations?

Could he have gird or acid reflux?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=4432]Hooch11B[/MENTION]

Regarding proteins, what works for one Bully doesnt work for another. So maybe ground beef is okay for Hooch. I dont know.
Stay with the current food and try the slow feed approach.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.