Hello fellow bully owners....

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hi Chuck and Sumo! Lots of different sections full of good advice here. For example, there is a section on bulldog nutrition you should check out. I didnt know that alot of bullies have grain allergies until I found this forum, I put my dogs on a high quality, grain free dog kibble & they are doing so much better! This place is great!!

OP
C

carmoyomazam

Feb 28, 2012
Cerritos CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Thanks alot for the advise friends...

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION].... he is not fixed and i am looking into getting him fixed asap. My girlfriend has a yorkie with hangsout at my place once i a while. We r gonna get them together soon to see if they get along.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh yes! For his long term health..get him neutered! Plus it should help him be a happier more easy going guy! Give him some time to adjust to his new surroundings and then get him snipped! When introducing. Do so on neutral territory...maybe outside...and go slow! Is the yorkie a Male or female? You will do fine...he will be a big love and you'll be amazed how wonderful these guys are! @Davidh ..have any tips for him on the marking and introducing to the Yorkie?

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would just say watch him and when he marks tell him "NO" with a stern voice and immediately take him outside. As far as the meeting the Yorkie, as [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said, let them meet outside first and see how it goes. Most Yorkies think they are big and bad. Just keep calm and have fun.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of EBN and Bulldogs. These are great dogs and he will adapt very quickly.... there is lots to learn especially with their care and health; a great food will be your best friend and help lessen the health issues.

Ask lots of questions... someone here is sure to be able to help

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HI!!! Glad you found us. I hope you enjoy yourself here and with your new baby (they are ALL babies no matter what the age). Food is the key. Period. Get him on a high quality food that his allergies can tolerate and that solves a lot of problems with these wonderful bullies. :welcome:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Thanks alot for the advise friends...

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION].... he is not fixed and i am looking into getting him fixed asap. My girlfriend has a yorkie with hangsout at my place once i a while. We r gonna get them together soon to see if they get along.

Take them on a walk together on neutral turf. YOU control the meeting. They'll be pals in no time.

OP
C

carmoyomazam

Feb 28, 2012
Cerritos CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
i will take all the advide you guys have given me. one thing i will look into is getting better food. we feed the yorkie blue buffalo what do you guys reccomend it for him. or should i be looking at other brands????

Blitzburggirl

Feb 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
Ohhhhh what a handsome big boy!! :)

Absolutely best friend material there! Enjoy one another!!

OP
C

carmoyomazam

Feb 28, 2012
Cerritos CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
[MENTION=4367]Blitzburggirl[/MENTION].... Thank you. we are getting along pretty good so far. he's just a little hyper

OP
C

carmoyomazam

Feb 28, 2012
Cerritos CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
After 2.5 hrs Sumo is clean as a whistle. The first day i got him he was not having the whole bath idea but last night he gave in. He loves getting his hair dryed by the hair dryer. He completely knocked out after
IMG_1124.jpgIMG_1126.jpgIMG_1127.jpg

Most Reactions