Eden my sweet 6 month old girl (EB) has....pulmonic stenosis ...

Tanya Allen

Feb 9, 2012
Langley Afb, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eden
Hi Everyone...
So glad I found this forum...I'm looking for all the advice I can get...
My baby has pulmonic stenosis ... doc says they may can do surgery...her heart murmur is 3/4
Just looking to talk to others going through this with their baby.... She is on Beta blockers right now
moving her up slowly on the dose...She eats Royal Canin food...light excersize...has anyone had their baby spayed with this condition??...
Thanks for any help!...:pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh..I just saw this..hopefully others with experience will chime in. We do have a couple here with heart murmurs. Hang tight..they will find you!

Ohhhh I just realized this is YOU Tanya..I have had Kim on the lookout for you! I'll go see if I can get her here pronto!!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I don't have any knowledge to be able to share, but there will be some who do. I just wanted to say welcome to the board & glad you found us. This is a WONDERFUL resource and support system.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am sorry you found us under these circumstances!! Welcome!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I'm sure Kim and Lisa will be along soon to help with your questions.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome to EBN! Sorry you found us under such sad circumstances. I imagine if they have you on Beta blockers then they have done an Eco-cardiagram? If not, that would be your next step to see if your baby is a candidate for surgery, medications, ect. I know that many times there is possibilities of repair and a nice long life, so don't worry yourself just yet too much until you have all of your answers.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Hi again Tanya. I'm so sorry that Eden's echo showed pulmonic stenosis. Did they classify it anyway? My Sebastian has pulmonic stenosis also, but his was classified as severe & I'm taking my new baby Remy in tomorrow for his echo as my regular vet has also diagnosed him with a grade 3 murmur & possible PS. It's good that they have her on beta blockers & as far as the spaying, my vet is still planning on neutering Sebastian after he gets his yearly checkup & echo done in March, so I would think that she would be fine. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any more questions.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
SOrry I can't advise you on this but I wanted to :welcome: you to the forums. Thanx for joining and I hope you find what you need here. Pix of your baby bully would be wonderful. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN and I'm so sorry to hear that your baby Eden has PS. You have great advice and Kim's (up above) Remy has just been diagnosed with PS too. You'll have wonderful support here. :hug: to you and Eden.

OP
T

Tanya Allen

Feb 9, 2012
Langley Afb, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eden
Thank You all so much for your kind words... Edens doing good right now...We go back to heart doc in July and see what they say then...but they are saying she might be a candidate for surgery....Thanks for all the prayers... If I can figure out how to post a pic I will soon!...Thanks! 487978_2893248006082_1106740586_32160100_1493697091_n.jpg484067_2893063121460_1106740586_32159985_1351302088_n.jpg

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
So besides the Beta Blockers, they haven't done any further testing on her, am I right? Remy goes in next Tuesday for the first part of his procedure, the angiocardiography on Wednesday which will then show whether they can proceed with the balloon plasty or not. He was not put on any medication when I took him in for his first echo back in February and he's grown so much that no one even knows there is anything wrong with him. He's different from Sebastian, my other EB with PS. Sebastian is smaller in size and I think Remy is going to be a big boy like Oliver. When I compare weights between them at the same age, Remy is right up there with Oliver and Oliver is a big stocky boy at 62# at 16 months.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.