Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Puppy and I have some concerns

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Puppy and I have some concerns

@Vicaroo1000Hmm...I cant seem to find that episode...only a book..is that what you meant?

Bulldog(s) Names
    First Lady Hennessy aka SySy
    Likes (Received)

good luck BrooklynStar. I'm right there alongside you with my little girl FLH (SySy) being born 11/28/11. she defecated twice the first couple days of crate training but has since refrained from doing so again *knock on wood. I'm fortunate enough to have a little bit of help from the gf as she has a long-haired chihuahua rescue and a pom so under her tutelage and this forum I'm sure I can provide her a happy home. I'm sure in due time your handsome boy will become acclimated. I've been waking up at about 2-3AM every morning to let the girl out to potty and actually did not have to get up this morning until 5AM to do so. enjoy the puppy years as he'll be a big boy soon enough...

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SDxBuLLiSHDoG View Post
    good luck BrooklynStar. I'm right there alongside you with my little girl FLH (SySy) being born 11/28/11. she defecated twice the first couple days of crate training but has since refrained from doing so again *knock on wood. I'm fortunate enough to have a little bit of help from the gf as she has a long-haired chihuahua rescue and a pom so under her tutelage and this forum I'm sure I can provide her a happy home. I'm sure in due time your handsome boy will become acclimated. I've been waking up at about 2-3AM every morning to let the girl out to potty and actually did not have to get up this morning until 5AM to do so. enjoy the puppy years as he'll be a big boy soon enough...
    Thanks! Our puppies must be on almost the same poop timeframe. Dozer loves waking us up at 3AM to poop LOL! I cant wait for the day for him to start pooping later. We tried really hard to get him to go potty before we put him to bed but he just wouldnt do it. Just out of curiosity when is the last time you feed her for the day that she started defecating at 5AM?
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 02-23-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    First Lady Hennessy aka SySy
    Likes (Received)

Actually.. she hasn't crapped in the crate since those first two days and has been really good at crapping after she eats. nowadays if she's getting me up in the wee hours of the morning its to tinkle as I think we've both learned a thing or two from the earlier experiences. I'm sure it wasn't too pleasant for her also. Typically, I last feed her at 8-830PM and make sure she potties as needed prior to bed time. I hope your boy makes progress...

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Someone of this site (many moons ago)gave the guideline that a puppy can hold their bowel movements and urine for one hour for each month. When I thought of it that way it decreased my anxiety that I or Arnold was doing something wrong. It just took time and patience

I'm a good girl, I promise

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I'm just seeing this..sorry! I sooo think he is allergic to probably his food. The whole rubbing..itching..it screams allergy to me! Also the pink tinge to his skin. I think if he is really uncomfortable..it will affect his behavior and definitely his
    What is the protein source in the fromm puppy! I'd give him a nice bath with oatmeal shampoo..let it sit on him for about 10 minutes before you rinse well. It's a soothing shampoo. I'd clean his ears with cotton pads wet with witch hazel. Wrap around your finger and reach as far as you can in his ears. Repeat until the pads come out clean. You don't have to dry the ears out..witch hazel is an astringent and is self drying. Once his outside is comfy..I'd research foods and if there is chicken in that puppy food..That is a great food..but if he has an allergy, it doesnt matter! Good Luck!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 02-24-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by agingermom View Post
    Someone of this site (many moons ago)gave the guideline that a puppy can hold their bowel movements and urine for one hour for each month. When I thought of it that way it decreased my anxiety that I or Arnold was doing something wrong. It just took time and patience
    one hour for each month..plus an hour..4 months would be 5 hours! It's good to know your pup is "normal"!!! Whatever that is!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sylvia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tess & Rocky
    Likes (Received)

Welcome. Your puppy is cute. I got my Tess from pet store as well a month ago. I heard tons of horror story's about the store and the breeders which I got her from. She has some major diarrhea issue we are still working out but I wouldn't trade her for the world so hang in there. This place has great group of peeps with great advice and lots of comfort. Just ask away.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    one hour for each month..plus an hour..4 months would be 5 hours! It's good to know your pup is "normal"!!! Whatever that is!!
    Thank you!! You are right about the normal thing. There is nothing normal about Arnold or probably any of our bulldogs!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads