Hello from Saskatchwan, Canada - 1st time English Bulldog Owner

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hi,

This is my first bulldog (Kain) so i'm educating myself like crazy. I've wanted one 'forever' and finally pulled the pin. Wow he is everything we have hoped for (minus the stubborness <lol>). I've started researching clicker training as soon as I got him (10-11 weeks old) and I already have him Sitting almost reliably with cue, spinning, Hi Five after a sit, and touch where he jumps up to touch my hand. Potty training is going good but I have to coax him with treats to get him to follow me out of the house on the leash, once he's out no problem with either 1 or 2. Lastly we put him in a pen similar to the way he was at the breeders and he sleeps through the night with no accidents in the pen. (Hard to belive I think).

My biggest factor so far now is the chewing abilitys (ate a bag of bully bones in one week - $20 <poof>) but kept him from chewing the shoes or couch. Other item i'm fighting is walking him, he wants to stop constantly and throw on the brakes! I'm more stuborn then he so show him a treat (he doesn't get it until we are walking good) and keep him truckin.

I'm hoping to be a frequent visitor, photographer as a side line so expect lots of photos :)

I'll figure out how I upload them etc but for now here is a link to his albulm on my facebook page if it works.

TTYL,
Vince

Last edited:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN! You will learn lots of from the group here!! Just a heads up, you are going to be asked for lots of pictures, LOL

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Welcome! I am from Calgary so nice to see another Canadian :) I wish I trained my dogs when they were young. We can hardly get a "lay down" outta them, lol.

JAMESnJACLYN

Feb 18, 2012
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda(RIP), Dozer
Another Canadian we're coming out of the woodwork now. Must be almost spring and we're coming out of hibernation. Welcome.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Glad your dream came true!! I'm no help on the training...:ROFL: but as far as chewing..get lots of nylabones..and we love deer and/or elk antlers. Stay away from all rawhide and bully sticks. I'm not familiar with Bully Bones..but antler...(xtra large) will cost about $15-20.. And last months! And nylabones are all different prices and last even longer! Can't wait to see pictures..we do have a tutorial under forums to help with the picture thing!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Bonjour from Montreal! (I'm jumping on the Canadian EBN welcome wagon too.)
Oh my, Kain is quite the cutie!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congrats on Kain -- he is very handsome! Welocme to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs. as others have said - nylabones, antlers and Kong products work best with bullies.

Blitzburggirl

Feb 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
What a cutie!!

And, very nice photography!! I can't see FB at work (GASP!) so you'll have to learn to post them in the messages so I don't have to look at them on my phone ;) Just sayin!!

His fawn coloring is so very velvety :) What a handsome puppy he is!

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Welcome Vince and Kain! What a handsome boy! :)

Guinness wasn't much of a chewer as a puppy, except for the 5 Rogers remotes she went through :tongue: But she loves chewing Nylabones (the hard ones for powerful chewers) and elk antlers.

As far as walking, Guinn did the same thing by slamming on the brakes. I would always coax her a little more and not give in when she wanted to stop. I'd say at around 6 or 7 months, something just kind of clicked and now I have a Bully who LOVES to walk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.