Cornelia and her family, from Germany

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
My name is Cornelia and I am German. My husband Stuart and I have 2 Bulldogs:
1) Frieda (brindle). She was born in Pennsylvania 6 years ago. I picked her up when she was 9 weeks old and flew - with her at my feet in the cabin - to Frankfurt/Germany. She is a Bulldog really 'fit for function' and we are very very happy with her.
2) Kosmo (fawn), our second bulldog, is her son. He is a little bit wild in his movements, but adorable friendly and wants always to kiss people he likes.

I saw a lot of very nice pics in this forum, so I looked for some nice ones of Frieda, Kosmo, my husband Stuart and myself.

bb_Stu_Neli_feb12_2.jpgbb_FF_KK_schmusen_2008.jpgbb_FF_Klee_essen_sep11_1.jpgbb_KK_FF_Hochsitz_Kosmoweg_2_mar11.jpgbb_KK_Frodo_mai10.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:welcome: You have a very beautiful family, the fur kids are too cute. Welcome to EBN I am from Pennsylvania and have 5 of these critters. You are going to love this place. Enjoy and just so you know, we love pictures.:yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY... they are so sweet... love them!

Welcome to EBN and look forward to seeing more and getting to know your babies

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Love your pics. Especially the one in the car!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. We are glad you joined and hope you enjoy the site. Feel free to join right in. :)

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Welcome! My husband was in Germany,he says it's a Very beautiful country. Your bullies are very beautiful as well!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome!! My step-kids just moved back to the States from Ramstein (I am sure I screwed up the spelling!!) They loved it in Germany!!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Guten abend.....so glad you joined. Most of my family emigrated to the states from Germany.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Weinerscnitzal! :hiya: That's all the German I know! :laugh: but my hubby lived in Germany while his dad was in the service. Loved it! Soooo glad you found us. Looking forward to getting to know your family..2 legged and 4!!!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome Cornelia and Stuart! Your babies are beautiful. Thanks for sharing their pictures with us. Please post as many pictures and stories of them as you want. We love anything Bulldog here.

OP
cornelia

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
Thank you very much for your friendly welcome!
My English isn´t as good as it seems: my "Hubby" (new word I just learnd from you) is a Scot, he emigrated to Germany 40 years ago,
and corrects my posts here a little bit :-) The first English Bulldog he saw was mine. And he fell in love not only with me :-)

My first Bulldog was my Lady-Dog Ziska. (1972-1977). I suffered extremely as she died of a uterus inflammation.... With her death
I started to write about bulldogs. This helped me accept her death...

My second (Stuart`s first) Bulldog, Sarah (1977-1981), was snow-white too, she died of a kidney collapse... But I didn´t stop to
hope for a longliving Bulldog. And this happened: our next Bulldog, Alma, lived from 1981-1994!!!

I tell you a little story about her: Stu`s Hobby for many years was flying. That means Alma was used to fly in a little plane.
Once a day we walked under the final approach of our local airfield, as a plane like hers, was in the landing procedure. She looked up to it,
jumped as high as posssible to reach it. She knew that she is in air when she is in the plane! Seems, to be in the sky was
a normal happening for her. (Birds can do this, so, why not she? )

Alma was a hero too: once we spend a week in Jugoslavia (Croatia now). Stu wanted to snorkel in the Med and jumped
from the quay into the water. Alma was terrified about his disappearing in the water, she jumped in it too, and with her strong
jaw she got the breathing tube Stu used and tried to pull him back to the shore.... later I wanted to swim and walked over the rocks to reach the water.
Alma barked excitedly, and as I ignored this she overtake me running, stood in front of me and made it impossible for me to reach the water...
she didn´t allow me to do such dangerous things like going into the sea.

Ok, after Alma we had Wilma (1994-2005). She was a "lap-Bulldog", very very lovely, but a little bit anxious. If you like I can later tell stories about her too.

I looked for some pics to show you our Bulldogs, who accompanied our life. :-)

I like the USA for many reasons. At first I never met during my several travels only one unfriendly person; may be I was only lucky ;-)
another reason is the great, most beautiful wilderness you have! 1971 I visitied the Yellowstone NP, I saw bears, moose and bison very close to me.
You can not imagine how happy I was
about such a intact nature. My favourite state is Alaska. Incredible beautiful and grandiose landscape and wildlife. In Germany we have beautiful old
towns and castles, but no more any wilderness...

And last not least the USA - and not at all Britain - are for me THE Bulldog-Nation. This EBN confirms this. You have wunderfull Bulldogs -
and BruceP has a really wonderfull laughing one :-)

bb_Ziska_ACEB_Jahrbuch.jpgbb_sarah_1977.jpgbb_Alma_in_ihrer_PA28_D_EHFS.jpgbb_Wilma_Bluemchen_Kuss.jpgbb_Frieda_erzieht_Kosmo.jpg

L

Lucy-licious

Hello and welcome to this wondrful forum a lot of us now call home :) I would't worry too much about your English as mine isn't to wonderful either :rofl:
Alma sounds like she was quite a character..I loved that she saved you and Stuart from the big bad sea :heart::heart:
I look forward to reading any stories you would like to share about your beautiful bulldogs, glad you decided to join, and Hubby will not be the first new word you learn here :welcome:

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I am so glad you found ebn. I am a newbie in the bulldog world. I got my first one a couple of months ago. You have alot of experience that can help all of the forum members. Looking forward to your stories. Those are great pics of your bulldogs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.