Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cornelia and her family, from Germany

Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frieda, Kosmo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cornelia and her family, from Germany

Thank you very much for your friendly welcome!
    My English isnīt as good as it seems: my "Hubby" (new word I just learnd from you) is a Scot, he emigrated to Germany 40 years ago,
    and corrects my posts here a little bit :-) The first English Bulldog he saw was mine. And he fell in love not only with me :-)

My first Bulldog was my Lady-Dog Ziska. (1972-1977). I suffered extremely as she died of a uterus inflammation.... With her death
    I started to write about bulldogs. This helped me accept her death...

My second (Stuart`s first) Bulldog, Sarah (1977-1981), was snow-white too, she died of a kidney collapse... But I didnīt stop to
    hope for a longliving Bulldog. And this happened: our next Bulldog, Alma, lived from 1981-1994!!!

I tell you a little story about her: Stu`s Hobby for many years was flying. That means Alma was used to fly in a little plane.
    Once a day we walked under the final approach of our local airfield, as a plane like hers, was in the landing procedure. She looked up to it,
    jumped as high as posssible to reach it. She knew that she is in air when she is in the plane! Seems, to be in the sky was
    a normal happening for her. (Birds can do this, so, why not she? )

Alma was a hero too: once we spend a week in Jugoslavia (Croatia now). Stu wanted to snorkel in the Med and jumped
    from the quay into the water. Alma was terrified about his disappearing in the water, she jumped in it too, and with her strong
    jaw she got the breathing tube Stu used and tried to pull him back to the shore.... later I wanted to swim and walked over the rocks to reach the water.
    Alma barked excitedly, and as I ignored this she overtake me running, stood in front of me and made it impossible for me to reach the water...
    she didnīt allow me to do such dangerous things like going into the sea.

Ok, after Alma we had Wilma (1994-2005). She was a "lap-Bulldog", very very lovely, but a little bit anxious. If you like I can later tell stories about her too.

I looked for some pics to show you our Bulldogs, who accompanied our life. :-)

I like the USA for many reasons. At first I never met during my several travels only one unfriendly person; may be I was only lucky ;-)
    another reason is the great, most beautiful wilderness you have! 1971 I visitied the Yellowstone NP, I saw bears, moose and bison very close to me.
    You can not imagine how happy I was
    about such a intact nature. My favourite state is Alaska. Incredible beautiful and grandiose landscape and wildlife. In Germany we have beautiful old
    towns and castles, but no more any wilderness...

And last not least the USA - and not at all Britain - are for me THE Bulldog-Nation. This EBN confirms this. You have wunderfull Bulldogs -
    and BruceP has a really wonderfull laughing one :-)

-bb_ziska_aceb_jahrbuch-jpg-bb_sarah_1977-jpg-bb_alma_in_ihrer_pa28_d_ehfs-jpg-bb_wilma_bluemchen_kuss-jpg-bb_frieda_erzieht_kosmo-jpg

Lucy-licious

Hello and welcome to this wondrful forum a lot of us now call home I would't worry too much about your English as mine isn't to wonderful either
    Alma sounds like she was quite a character..I loved that she saved you and Stuart from the big bad sea
    I look forward to reading any stories you would like to share about your beautiful bulldogs, glad you decided to join, and Hubby will not be the first new word you learn here

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so glad you found ebn. I am a newbie in the bulldog world. I got my first one a couple of months ago. You have alot of experience that can help all of the forum members. Looking forward to your stories. Those are great pics of your bulldogs.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh my what wonderful pictures and stories. we so look forward to more. welcome to the site its very addicting and just such a nice group of people here.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Your story was very interesting & awesome! Alma must have thought highly of you guys to be worried that you might drown! I'm sorry for the ones you lost too soon, I hate to even think about losing mine. I looked up Frankfurt on Google Earth, it looks like a large city.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site, and enjoyed your stories. Please jump right in and post away.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

@cornelia Welcome to EBN!!! Loved reading your story and about you Bullys!! Looking forward to reading more about you!!!
    LisaMarie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! your babies are beautiful!! we LOVE pictures here!

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

You've captured all those wonderful qualities of the English Bulldog in your stories that only a bulldog lover can relate to. I'm pleased that you focused on the how they enriched your lives with their love and adorable personalities. You mentioned that you wrote about your bulldogs to help with the grieving process. Are you a writer? Feel free to share more stories as they are very enjoyable.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frieda, Kosmo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    You've captured all those wonderful qualities of the English Bulldog in your stories that only a bulldog lover can relate to. I'm pleased that you focused on the how they enriched your lives with their love and adorable personalities. You mentioned that you wrote about your bulldogs to help with the grieving process. Are you a writer? Feel free to share more stories as they are very enjoyable.
    I started to write about Bulldogs with the „Yearbook 1977/78“ for a german Bulldog-Club. For over 25 years I was the editor an writer of the information-letter of a Bulldog-Club only for owners, not for breeders.

2005 I started www.cornelias-bulldog-blog.de That is not really a blog, it is something like a Bulldog-online-magazin with large online archives. Nearly 7 years now I and some Bulldog-friends are posting there every second day a story, pictures, medical advises, articels about genetic research results, news about breeding issues, and jokes too. I try to publish a mixture of everything around the bulldog. This is my hobby.

Ok, I will share with you (in English ) some of my most lovely (and funniest ) experiences with bulldogs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads