New to EBN

MaxwellsMomma

Feb 1, 2012
north east Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maxwell
IMAG1759.jpgIMAG1719.jpgIMAG1758.jpg:DHello All, I am new to this board. I just adopted a 6 year old neutered male, fawn colored, named Maxwell with some minor health problems. The poor fellow just hasn't had a very good life up to this point and it's time that he lives his senior years happy and getting healthier and just a little bit, okay COMPLETELY, spoiled. He has stage 4 periodontal disease, gingivitis, has had several teeth removed, had intestinal parasites fall of 2011, and when I picked him up his poor ears were so dirty they were started into infection. I've cared for a younger bulldog before for a friend that travelled for work for nearly a year non-stop, so I'm not totally clueless, but the health problems will be new for me to deal with. Maxwell has a 7 year old Golden Retriever sister and 3 human siblings ages 10/11/12 years. I hope to get some insight on dealing with an aging bully and how I can give him the best possible life.

Last edited:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Welcome to EBN. It's a wonderful thing that you are giving Maxwell a chance at a loving furever home. Congrats and good luck. EBN seems to be chock full of wonderful bully owners. I am a newbie myself. Looking forward to seeing pics of Maxwell.

OP
MaxwellsMomma

MaxwellsMomma

Feb 1, 2012
north east Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maxwell
I'm crazy about taking pictures, but they are all on my cell phone, guess it's a good thing that I have unlimited data plan so I can share! We literally just brought him home this morning. I made a 4 hour round trip drive starting at 5am this morning to go and pick him up. I already have about 20 pictures, lol. Gotta love the furkids.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Welcome to EBN. Congrats and bless you on taking him in. Pics pics did I mention pics lol

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I have a friend that is picture crazy as well. She is forever asking me for new pics. Unfortunately, I suck at keeping up with pics, ask my skin kids. LOL.. Anyhow, looking forward to seeing them when you upload them.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN..... but I gotta tell ya, The Pic Police will be knocking at your door reeeeeal soon unless you post some pix of this great bully. LOL Thanx so much for taking this bully under your wing and caring enough to give him a home. Bless You! There are lots of knowledgeable people here so whatever your questions someone will have been there done that or at least know where to go for the info. Feel free to join right in and thanx again for joining. :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi and welcome! So glad you found us and thanks so much for adopting the sweet little guy! From this forum, one of the things you might learn first is how important good food is for a bully. His health really does depend on it. There's several brands members use, and Fromm, NVI, Avoderm and others are very popular.

He sounds spoiled already, so he's definitely in the right home! :)

OP
MaxwellsMomma

MaxwellsMomma

Feb 1, 2012
north east Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maxwell
Okay, finally added some pictures. I love hearing him snore contently at my feet. ****and fart in true bully style****

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
THANK YOU for adopting a senior sweety!!

Welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: good luck with your new family member! Hope to see lots of happy stories and pics of him as time goes by.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome! Maxwell is one handsome bully, he will flurish under your care, you already have a good start...you found EBN!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
wow, what a no-brainer decision to take maxwell home. he is just so cute! i hope you have a happy happy life together now :)

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=4204]MaxwellsMomma[/MENTION] , what a nobel and great thing you are doing!:hug:Opening your home to this poor bully in his time of need is indeed the most beautifull gift you could ever give! Your love to him is priceless

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Just want to say welcome! Thanks for sharing pics. I hope my dogs live to be happy seniors. Looks like Maxwell needs a lot of TLC. What kind of food is he on? Ear problems can stem from food issues, causing yeasty ears that can lead to infections. Is he on antibiotics? Keeping his weight good will help if he has arthritis and taking glucosamine supplements.

eff2d356.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.