Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I can't believe this is normal, head tremors.

Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frieda, Kosmo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I can't believe this is normal, head tremors.

Im new in this forum and say at first "Hello everybody".

My name is Cornelia and i am German. My husband Stuart and I have 2 Bulldogs: Frieda (Goomba Happy Miss Frieda). She was born in Pennsylvania 6 years ago. I picked her up when she was 9 weeks old and flew with her - in the cabin - to Frankfurt/Germany. She is a Bulldog really 'fit for function' and we are very very happy with her. Kosmo, our second bulldog, is her son. He is a little bit rough in his movements, but adorable friendly and wants always to kiss people he likes.

Now I will talk (finally :-) about this head tremor. It is a harmless neurological disturbance. Vets don't know so far what exactly causes this. By the way, it is not restricted to Bulldogs. Especially boxer and Dobermann have this from time to time too.

You can stop it simply with a daily pill of Vitamin B Complex for about 3 weeks. Take the same pills like for humans. Repeat the cure after half a year. Because Vitamin B is only fat-soluble, give the pills in a piece of butter.

You will see, Vitamin B will stop this head tremor very soon.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cornelia View Post

My name is Cornelia and i am German. My husband Stuart and I have 2 Bulldogs: Frieda (Goomba Happy Miss Frieda). She was born in Pennsylvania 6 years ago. I picked her up when she was 9 weeks old and flew with her - in the cabin - to Frankfurt/Germany. She is a Bulldog really 'fit for function' and we are very very happy with her. Kosmo, our second bulldog, is her son. He is a little bit rough in his movements, but adorable friendly and wants always to kiss people he likes.

Now I will talk (finally :-) about this head tremor. It is a harmless neurological disturbance. Vets don't know so far what exactly causes this. By the way, it is not restricted to Bulldogs. Especially boxer and Dobermann have this from time to time too.

You can stop it simply with a daily pill of Vitamin B Complex for about 3 weeks. Take the same pills like for humans. Repeat the cure after half a year. Because Vitamin B is only fat-soluble, give the pills in a piece of butter.

Cornelia....... Thank you very much for participating and passing on that valuable information. to EBN. Please, if you will, do an introduction in the Welcome and Introduction Forum. I'm sure everyone would love to see pix of your bully family and of course see more about them. Thanx again and we are glad you joined EBN

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
    Meatball had 4 tremors within an hour last night, 6 in total for the day. 2 more this morning, & 3 so far tonight, & it's only 8 pm. I'm afraid to leave him alone. As I'm writing this another one's starting.
    I feel so bad for Meatball! I hope my babies don't ever have these!! Meatball is one of the cutest bullies I have seen and his face when he is having one makes me so sad!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@Phyllis..how are things going? Is there any improvement? So sorry for you and sweet Meatball that you must deal with this.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cornelia View Post

WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU PEOPLE?!?

Last night, Bo had a series of these head tremors. Because I come here, to Amazingly Brilliant and Fabulous English Bulldog Land, I knew what to do: 1) don't panic (because it will just scare the dog more) and 2) grab a treat to distract. I did both of these things while Grandma was sitting in her chair, aghast and kind of freaking out. (I feel like I need a trophy of some kind for not doing the same, as is my habit when it comes to my animals - even the fish) I was SO CALM and it's BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS! *MUAH*

@cornelia - if I could give you a hug I would. That's the most awesome information ever. Thank you. I also like the blood sugar theory too. That also makes sense to me, coming from a family of diabetics (I am not one).

I'll keep everyone posted.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Update: no tremors yesterday. Hooray!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads