Phyllis

Phyllis

Jan 19, 2012
Northport, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
so happy to have found this site! Our very first bulldog 11 month old Meatball & we are so in love!!!!! We also have a havanese Hallie & she is also 11 months old......what a little sweetheat. They get along fabulously it's great to watch them play together. 2 weeks ago Meatball started having thes head tremors so I've been searching the internet for information. Hoping to find some answers here!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Phyllis... I moved your post here to its own thread so you will get more help.

:Welcome to EBN. We love pix so Im sure everyone is anxious to see your 'baby'... Thanx for joining. :)

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Hi there and welcome. The tremors seem to start at around the age of 2 for most bulldogs. My Mocha has them. Does your bully bobs his head up and down as if he is nodding yes??? Is he alert when doing this?? If your answer is yes , then it is in fact tremors. To snap your bully out of them offer a drink in a cup and he will focous on licking and the tremor should stop. Some offer treats and that is ok too. Good luck and we would love to see pictures of your baby!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have nothing to offer as far as advice on the tremors, but I just wanted to welcome you. It's a great place with lots of knowledgable people. Good luck!

L

Lucy-licious

:welcome: [MENTION=4103]Phyllis[/MENTION] :) I look forward to sseing and hearing more about Meatball. [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] has a video of Maggie having head tremors I'm sure she'll pop along and offer some advise aswell pretty soon :)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
When mine have head tremors, I give them a teaspoon of peanut butter. They go right away.. Mine do it on certain foods. Mojo on fromm and Gracie on Acana.

Welcome to EBN..We love pics

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: and how funny because Maggie's full name is Maggie Meatball!!!! :up:

This is a video of Maggie having her head tremors..... now head tremors seem to be very much a grey area. Some say it is calmed by food ... well as you will see in the video Maggie had her head tremor because she became EXCITED over being offered some food, in this case it was baby carrots.

There is no exact answer we can give you because there is no known exact cause. It could be getting too excited, low blood sugar, getting tired, waking up.

What you do need to understand is that it is painful for us to watch but merely an inconvenience for them which they don't really seem to notice. So, if it happens frequently look for the trigger that you think may be relevant to YOUR baby and then over time you may be able to stop it in it's tracks.

http://youtu.be/KJlwBoFuJMY

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4103]Phyllis[/MENTION] welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!!

Head tremors are scary, but know as long as your baby is responsive, it is not painful or harming them in any way. Call his name and give him a treat of any kind -- it distracts the muscles and the tremor will stop. There is no really know cause for them and a vet that is aware of them will tell you the same.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I hope the ideas given above help you and Meatball.

We don't personally have experience with them either, but I'm sure they must be very scary to watch.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and sounds like you have some great advice above. Please post some pics of Meatball when you get a chance.

OP
Phyllis

Phyllis

Jan 19, 2012
Northport, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Thanks everyone! Meatball seems to be asleep when they start, once we give him ice he stops. After a few seconds he seems to be scared, I wish he could tell me he's alright. He is having 2 - 3 a day & had 5 two days ago. I'm afraid to leave him alone since I don't know how long they would actually last if we didn't give him the ice to distract him. Can't understand how this could be normal & no one has an answer as to why....I guess I'll just take it one day at time. now about a picture I am computer illiterate please let me know how to upload a picture so I can share my babies with you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone! Meatball seems to be asleep when they start, once we give him ice he stops. After a few seconds he seems to be scared, I wish he could tell me he's alright. He is having 2 - 3 a day & had 5 two days ago. I'm afraid to leave him alone since I don't know how long they would actually last if we didn't give him the ice to distract him. Can't understand how this could be normal & no one has an answer as to why....I guess I'll just take it one day at time. now about a picture I am computer illiterate please let me know how to upload a picture so I can share my babies with you.

It is scary are heck... but, believe me -- there is no pain or discomfort. It is like a twitch for us. as for posting pics -- there is a tutorial on the 'photo/video' forum to help

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.