Hi from Massachusetts!

mimapr

Jan 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gio
Hello everyone, recently got a beautiful English bulldog and I am glad I found this forum :D

Here is a picture of my beautiful Gio....

SAM_0031.jpg

L

Lucy-licious

Hi there and :welcome: Gio sure has a cute face.
Please jump right in there is lots of fun stuff here as well as loads of information.
Tell us a little more about yourself and Gio :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN..... Please tell us more about your cute little guy (Glo is a guy, right?) and his family. How old is he and where did you get him? It may be just the pic but he looks a bit thin. What food is he on? Darlling puppy . Thanx so much for joining and I hope you post more pix of him. ANd I apologize if he is a she... LOL ;)

OP
M

mimapr

Jan 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gio
Well Gio's came from North Carolina,my son (who is a marine) purchased him and could't take care of him so he left him in my house when he came over for the holidays. Since I have 2 other dogs (a black lab and a miniature Schnauzer) we are taking care of the puppy between my daughter and I. We recently took him to the vet and suggested to feed him more often. But like I posted in another thread I believe the food I am giving him is not working for him. Hope to receive some help from here. By the way Gio is 5 months. We are having tons of trouble training him, but we are patient. Thanks again.

L

Lucy-licious

Well Gio's came from North Carolina,my son (who is a marine) purchased him and could't take care of him so he left him in my house when he came over for the holidays. Since I have 2 other dogs (a black lab and a miniature Schnauzer) we are taking care of the puppy between my daughter and I. We recently took him to the vet and suggested to feed him more often. But like I posted in another thread I believe the food I am giving him is not working for him. Hope to receive some help from here. By the way Gio is 5 months. We are having tons of trouble training him, but we are patient. Thanks again.

All your patience wil pay off ten fold in the end :) You definately came to the right place for help though.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: what an adorable FACE! I agree, he does look thin and I'm so glad you are looking for a good food. The right food is tricky. But you'll get lots of help here. When Jake was young, we fed him 3 times a day...1/2 cup each time...what are you feeding him and how much..how often?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs.

Your little guy does look on the thin side -- feeding him 1/2 to 3/4 cup 3x a day will help on the weight gain.. Also finding the right food can sometimes be a long road --- we feed Fromm Beef which is an all stages food. also, you can read the food recommendation/ratings article on the nutrition forum page

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Any problem you have with him you can talk freely here. He looks like he could use some calories. I see you are taking care of him between you and your daughters, he could have some emotional problems adjusting to a regular routine. Where does he sleep? [MENTION=4082]mimapr[/MENTION]

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Gio's a cutie! you could try a hard boiled egg once a day to beef him up! :) makes their coat all shiny

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Gio is a cutie! Glad you found EBN! You will get lots of help here. Just keep reading!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN. I think I caught you in another thread too. Bullies are trainable but they are quite stubborn too, it's part of their breed. Jump right on in, there's always someone to help you along the way. :)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online