Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the Bullie world!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to the Bullie world!!

The cat will put him in his place!! The thing about bulldogs is their tenacity and intensity. While other dog breeds might get it fast, the bulldog is so stuborn that it will take him longer to leave it or stop the unwanted behavior. They are smart, they are just so stuborn!!! You need to take a deep breath and have patience! Read about English Bulldogs as much as you can> You need to get Him as many durable chew toys as you can because this is what they do in this stage of their lifes. If they dont have specific toys for this you will be left without drywall or furniture.Supervise your bully so that you can make corrections when he goes for things that arent his toys.The Bully is a BULLY!!! Thats what the breed is all about!!
    LisaMarie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

A lot of what @LisaMarie stated is true..... stubborn!! What you have explained sounds like your baby bullie is playing, it is how they play -- nipping at the other dog legs and nudging with the head - he is just going to be too much for Yorkies and the cats will take care of themselves - Jax will eventually get it, but the Yorkies he may always try to play bully style. Try the water bottle with that as well.... whatever you want him to know is not acceptable.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Katie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! Jax sure is cute! I had similar issues with my bullie Millie as a puppy and I often times lost my patience with her. Millie seemed to be always biting visitors too hard in an attempt to play or pulling on clothing. Now I realize that she's just a big chewer. One toy that really worked for us was the Kong which I would freeze with a little peanut butter overnight. Whenever she would get too nippy with our fingers I would give her the Kong in a different room which she'd lick/chew on for a while.... and then she'd mosey back after about 15 minutes. I think it worked as a nice distraction when she realized PB was more tasty/ interesting than our hands or sleeves! She's a year old now and doesn't nip or growl like she did ... but she does have a slight peanut butter obsession ! I hope that helps!

As far as your cat/yorkie situation- it will just take time for them to adjust and I wouldn't stress about it too much. One day soon you will be sitting in a room and look up only to realize they are all sitting/snoring nicely together !

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Jax is adorable! And it's very unlikely he's truly "aggressive" at this point...he's a baby - and just needs rules, boundaries and limitations from you. Jax is going to play like a bulldog and the Yorkies are going to let him know what they will / won't put up with to a degree. The Yorkies should have a place to escape from the puppy when he becomes too much for them - like up on the back of a couch or table or something. There's many threads here with advice about "Puppy biting" so prepare yourself for a nice long read. LOL What works for one may not work for the other.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I remember my baby when he first got home and I went through the same thing..."no bite" was my command and I'd re-direct him to bite toys only.
    Be patient he'll get it. You may want to try an obedience class nothing major just a beginner one...I took Nigel and he did great although he took a little longer to train. I just used Nigel to train Karly Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of bullies! You'll find lots of great info here on the forum!

Cheerio mates!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jax
    Likes (Received)

Jax is now 12 weeks old and weighs approximately 17 pounds. I was told to keep feeding him 3 times a day until 16 weeks old. How much food should I be feeding him per feeding time? I am mixing kibble with chicken and a teaspoon of cottage cheese. I am not sure how much kibble I should be feeding him each time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads