Hi there from El Paso TX

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
My name is Ana and 2 months ago I adopted two beautiful english bulldog puppies, they are 16 weeks old now and getting big. My male is about 26 lbs and female about 22 lbs.. Do you think their weights are ok? I have been feeding them raw and they really like it, they sure can eat though.. little piggies! My female is a traditional colored bulldog, the male turned out to be a chocolate dog, or dudley as some call it, even though my intention was never the show ring, I was very surprised when he arrived. Not sure why the breeder never mentioned it to me. he is so beautiful, just stunning at least in my eyes, I got weekly pictures from her, but very tiny cell phone kind, and looking back it is impossible to tell the coloring of his leather. Anyways, I love him too much, just as I do my female. ALDO is very calm and sweet, loving in a quiet sort of way, and just stares at me with those green eyes and melts my heart. KATARA is the playful active kind, but also the one to cuddle next to me when we nap.. they are both great with the kids and they love them, KATARA right now does not know her strength and does knock my 24 month old over all the time. I tell her "NO" but she gets all excited when she sees my baby and she can't help it. My daughter cries but I bring her to me, sit her with me and handle Katara, calm her down and let her pet her. My older daughter that's 5 gets knocked down once in awhile too.. Any suggestions to help her calm down? I am thrilled with my pups and I think they are a great addition to the family. They are crate trained and also nap with me during the day (since I work nights). I am wanting to learn everything about this breed and am considering breeding Katara to a healthy, certified stud in the future; Aldo is getting fixed d/t his coloring problems. I have more than a year to think about this, but more than likely I will get another puppy/dog to be Katara's boyfriend. Not sure though.. It's a big decision.. I am so glad I found this group.. Is anybody from EL Paso? I would love to have a meet up sometime,

And here are my lovely dogs, first when they arrived as 8 week olds with Alana and Alexia in their halloween costume

1b79f5a9.jpg

And just a couple days ago.. so sweet and BIG already

74d7a08b.jpg

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Oh Gosh.
That first Picture should be in a Calendar for the month of April..
too cute.!!

Those 2 bullies a just great.! They look very healthy so dont concern yourself too much with weight....

Thats the same thing I tell my wife.... You look great! Why you need a scale.?

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
lol!! Thank you Jack!! your wife is very lucky you tell her that :D
How can I submit my picture for the calendar? My girls would love that!!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Im not sure... I'm fairly new here also. i know they have a monthly photo contest and I think pictures are taken from there to make up a calendar.

Others will chime in soon and let us know exactly how that goes....

Welcome ..

PD: I was just kidding about the scale. I dont tell her that at all. It just made my post read nicer ... :ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hello Ana,and welcome to the site. we are glad to have you here. Let me say your little bullies and skin kids are just precious. As far as your bully knocking the kids down, that's just a bully thing, they are little bulldozers and some times play rough. If they do get a little rough just stop the play and redirect their attention to a nylabone chew toy. If you have not read it yet here is an excellent article to read about bringing home a new puppy. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=354-Welcoming-Home-Your-New-Bulldog-Puppy Just remember no rawhide chew toys or anything they can chew and break off into small pieces that can get lodged in their throats. You mentioned breeding your female, here is another article you need to read before breeding her. Breeding bullies is a lot different from any other dog, and very expensive to do it right. Plus you take the chance of loosing your female and maybe all pups as well. You need an excellent bully vet as well. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content/about-bulldog-breeding-learn-what-takes-291/

Thanks for the pics and we will be looking forward in seeing more pics of your beautiful bullies.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
yes Davidh, I had read that article before, that's why I'm still thinking about it. I would love to have that experience of breeding her once, responsibly though with a good stud that will produce quality puppies.. commit my time to take good care of them and find them the best homes possible, even if it means I will end up keeping them if I can't. I wouldn't just jump into it, it's only a thought at this time. I read you are a dog show judge; what do u think about my dog Aldo and him being chocolate and the breeder selling him without acknowledging this? I cannot lie and say I am upset about it; like I said before I couldn't love him more, and maybe if I had known I wouldn't have bought him, so maybe this is how it was meant to be. I love the breed; they are truly something special. Thank you for posting!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] I am not a dog show judge, the title under our names is one generated by the site as we gain points. The more you post the more point you get, and your title changes. I am a bully breeder though, and the breeder you bought your bully from should have told you this. Did they show you pics before you bought him? He is a beauty, and if you are not going to show him, then it does not matter. I just would not stud him out. Both your babies are just too cute.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
lol!! I'm too new, I guess it's just too obvious!! Yes, she sent me pictures every week, but they were tiny quality pictures and since the nose was mostly pink I couldn't tell. Even now, looking back I can't see it in the pictures. I do think he is adorable too! I just worry a bit that his health will be affected somehow by this, but he is my cuddle bug and wouldn't change him now that I know him. But I still am a bit upset at the lack of honesty and openness.. I am going to try to create an album of my human and paw babies since I am just too proud :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] I think an album is a great idea, and you can share pics of them with us too. If you haven't heard yet we love pics here. :yes:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Your family is Beautiful!

I have to admit I can't see anything wrong with Aldo's color. I would see a dark Red/white....why is Chocolate a problem for bullies? Guess it's a good thing I'm happy just being a spoiled bully owner and have no desire to ever consider breeding.

Oh and the user title thing is a per post thing except for a few of us. You will only see two of us that are HRH's minions. ;)

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am with [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], I can't see anything wrong with his color either????? I think he is so HANDSOME and unique looking, I could just sit and stare in his beautiful eyes!! He is perfect in my book!! And I love your Halloween picture, how beautiful of all your kids, and what a great idea. Welcome to the site and please share lots of pictures we are fanatics on here.

Oh and P.S., I am NOT a BullyWood Movie Star as my title says either...:ROFL:, as [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] said, you earn a title the more you post, so post away!!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] :ROFL: Bullywood movie star!! lol!! I would have been confused if I had seen that without knowing!! lol! I'm so embarrassed now!! :ashamed: lol! I'm currently working on my album to show off my children! Aldo's color is perfect to me it is of course, the thing is the bulldog breed standard says that the nose HAS TO be black for them to even qualify to be showed.. of course I am not planning on showing them anyways so it doesn't matter, I just know he is lacking pigmentation and he does not carry a black gene, but a brown or something like that.. Like I said before, I love him just as much and I love his pink face and green eyes.. he is a doll... BUT I still think the breeder should have told me, that's all... to me he is my prince.. and he is so mellow, my daughter calls him her gentle PRINCESS Aldo.. Katara on the other hand is a little tornado lol! My three girls together are a TSUNAMI and my boy is who keeps me sane :bully:

Last edited:
OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and maybe it's a silly question, but what does HRH princess Minion mean? and why is there only two on the board?
Thank you for posting guys! and my album should be up and running soon! lots of adorabull pics of my kiddos

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I had them mixed up. I was thinking the darker one was Aldo, because you said chocolate. Now I see what you mean by the brown nose. :) but yea he is still a cutie!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online