hi there

Rosie Posie

Dec 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Hi I am new to this forum, I recently purchased a english bulldog who turns out to be deaf, is there anyone that has experienced this?

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
That is just plain wrong...sorry for u ...but i think u can retur. Or sue if u hav vet check paper u can probally return it

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I dont have any experience with deafness. but I know they can be trained with hand signals. Im sure someone will come along to help.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I know people that have deaf dogs and they can be trained with hand signals. They do make good pets and from what I have heard you wouldn't even know they were deaf. I would talk to the breeder and maybe they will give you a discount, but myself I would not give him back, because they need loving homes too and will reward you with plenty of love in the long run. Oh and by the way welcome to the site and we would love to see pics of that cute little bully.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome to the forum! I agree with David..it's like children..they aren't always perfect..but we love them the same! Yes.we do have some here with Deaf Bulldogs. I'll try and find them. In the meantime...just hang tight! I'm sure help and advice is coming.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Just wanted to welcome you and hope you get the info you're looking for. Our members are really inspirational and many have had challenging experiences so you will learn a lot here. We like to share pics and videos here. I feel it brings us closer together, our love for our fur kids. Wishing you and Rosie a bright future.

1b9c5acc.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome:I would love to see pics of Rosie Posie! [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has already started on getting you some help.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN..... I hope you get the info you need. We love pix here so I'm sure everyone would love to see pix of your baby bully. Thanx for joining and enjoy the site.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the group. I am sure you will find all your answers here. I do not have personal experiance with it however I do know that they can be trained with sign language. When you think about it, most commands already have a signal with it, so you start there.

Can't wait to see pics of your little one.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
What a wonderful gift you've been given! Since dogs operate in this order: eyes, nose, ears - deafness isn't a big as problem for them as it might be for the people taking care of them. A really good puppy training class would be my first stop. I'm also certain there's many great books on the topic and I'll bet there's online support groups too. You're really going to have to pay attention to your energy when interacting with your pup. What a gift. What a precious gift.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!! There is no way I would return a bully for being deaf. They can be just as good if not better than reg dogs. Your experience will be greatly appreciated on this forum so please share your stories! We do have some with knowledge on working with deaf pups so you will get your help here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to the wonderful world of EBN and bulldogs.

I do not have personal experience with a deaf dog, but their is a deaf bulldog in my neighbor -- he is no different than a hearing dog. They use hand signals for eveything and he response great

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.