Newbie from north NJ

btphoto

Aug 9, 2010
Hi all. I'm considering adopting an English Bulldog and I want to learn as much as I can before diving in.

I'm in rural Sussex county NJ. I own my own home with my wife and two teenagers, one starting college soon. We have a wonderful male shar-pei who is about 5 years old. We also have an African Grey parrot.

I'm on Facebook, [email protected]

Any tips and suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Bill

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
There is so much to learn where do I begin? LOL :)

Read what we have talked about and shared here. Read as many of the articles we have on our site pages. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. The nice thing about adoption is you will already know their temperament and their health, whereas if you read some of what we have discussed in the past, with a puppy you could get one of perfect health, or you could end up with major surgeries. Since you already have a dog I would recommend them to meet on uncommon ground, like a park or something. good luck and keep us posted! :)

Welcome to the site!

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
Hi Bill,

Welcome ! :cool:
I am Sjaak, live in the Netherlands and I own one English bulldog, named Bono.
To my opinion you will find on this forum enough info regarding to English bulldogs.
Succes !

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
welcome! you've come to the right place, if you're looking for questions answered and information about bullies! it'll take awhile, but look through the site and read things, you'll learn a lot (trust me, I did). Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, we'll all do our best to answer them and support you in any way we can!
-Horse, Lauren + Braeden

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome. It seem like everyone has already told you, you are at the correct place. Any question, any concerns, you will have it answered here. Along with the fun facts. Once you have a bully, you will always have a bully. I can't tell you enough, they are wonderful!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
So glad you have joined us, and even better before you get your pup so you will know what to expect. Yes please ask any questions, everyone here is so willing to help with any advice they havehere. We have such an assortment of people from breeders to long time bully owners to new parents with pups who can give advice there even. How far along are you in your search? If you are adopting that is wonderful, there are SO many bullies being surrendered right now with the economy and all it is sad. If you are buying please make sure you are getting from a good, reputable breeder. There are a LOT of scams out there and we have talked about a lot of them on here also you will see.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Welcome Bill,

I'm here as well learning all I can before I bring a Bully home... I think you will be pleased with the caliber of folks we have here with their bully experience and willingness to share.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hi there! Welcome and feel free to ask questions and jump into to any thread - lots of experience with bullies on this board and great support for when and if you decide to add to your family.

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Welcome, Welcome Bill! If you have any questions or anything we're all here to help! Theres soo much to learn about Bully's! The knowledge never ends! :) They are such an amazing breed, so different then others. If you adopt your in for such a wonderful treat! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.