New owner from KY

UKgirl1

Dec 7, 2011
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chica
Hi everyone! We just adopted our first EB 2 months ago and we are in love :luv:! Chica is 17 months old and is completely incontinent. The vet thinks she may have spinabifida causing the incontinence, but there's nothing they can do to correct the issue, not even surgery. So she's just our special needs baby. We had always wanted an EB but stumbled upon Chica by accident really. When we saw the horrible condition she was in (demodectic mange, flea infestation, severely under weight, living outdoors with no a/c, covered in feces) we had to rescue her. Two months later she is finally flea free, the mange is almost gone, and we can no longer see her ribs. She has stolen all of our hearts and my kids say that they think Daddy may love Chica more than me :confused:. We're still figuring out the best way to manage her incontinence because keeping a diaper on a stubborn bully 24/7 is a challenge. But our latest diaper cover design seems to work so wish us luck! We've finally found a food that seems to work for her and has helped firm up her :poo:, Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken. This site has been wonderful so far and I've been able to find a lot of great info, like why her chin has started breaking out. Buying a stainless steel bowl today! If anyone has any experience with bowel incontinence or suggestions please let me know :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh my! What a special person you are! We have a Member that also has a bully with Spina Bifida..I will find her and tag her to see this post. So glad you rescued Chica! Please just jump in and ask anything you want! @LaurieLolaandMojo

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Bless you for taking in a special needs bully. So many times they are just tossed aside. It takes someone special to do what you are doing. We are PROUD to have you join us her at EBN. :welcome: We'd love to see pix of her if you have some. :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome and you are certainly a extra special person for rescuing Chica. Don't know much about Chicas incontinence issues but just hang on as there must be someone on the forum who can give input. Can't wait to see this beautiful bully girl. Maybe a before and after picture so we can see how much "love" can make a difference with our bully babies.

d5751559.jpg

OP
U

UKgirl1

Dec 7, 2011
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chica
Here are a few pics of her :)The first is the day after we got her, the 2nd and last are from November, and the 3rd one is Chica decked out in her UK blue for Halloween.
Chica 10-23-11   2.jpgChica 11-19-11.jpgChica Trick-or-Treating 10-31-11.jpgChica 11-25-11.jpg

L

Lucy-licious

Hi there and :welcome: to EBN.
hica sure is a doll face :love: I can see why you fell in love :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and bless you for taking her in and rescuing her from the horrible conditions she was in. You are a very special person with a heart of gold to give her the love and care she needs. I don't have any info on the incontinence issues, but I know we have a member here who does, and I'm sure she will post here soon. Jump in on any post you wish, or ask an question. We are here to help each other.

Also just saw your pics, she is beautiful. Thanks

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Welcome to you and Chica. I have an almost 2 yr old that SB. We can learn together. If you have any questions fire away. I am learning through trial and error how to keep the diapers on. Message me if you have any questions.

Bless you for taking her on.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.... you guys are awesome... than you so much for taking care of such a sweet girl -- she is precious!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Bulldogs and EBN!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
You watch the news and you think....has all humankind gone straight to the crapheap? And then, someone like you comes along, [MENTION=3857]UKgirl1[/MENTION] (Fact is, we have a lot of angels around here in EBN so you are in good company among your peers!)

Bless you a thousand times for taking that sweet little face and skinny little body into your home. She looks fantastic! That peaceful, snoozy little face in the last picture tells the story of a dog who = thanks to you and your family = doesn't have a worry in the world anymore.

Now, if I could just have five minutes alone with her former owners.....:cursing: Clearly, they are in need of some vigilante justice.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
[MENTION=3857]UKgirl1[/MENTION] I have found that with Gracie the best things that work are the Walgreens Certainty undergarments for adults. And to keep them on Carolina Pet Pantry makes a harness to hold them on. Or you can use mitten clips from Walmart work good too. email me a [email protected] I can give you all sorts of sites to help.

Ive only had precious Gracie for a week today, but feels like she has been here forever. We love her to death.

Iphone 138.jpgIphone 139.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! You are a rare find yourself to help this beautiful girl! My gawd she is beautiful!!! I think she resembles a couple favs on here actually. ;) That kiss spot on her head... :heart:! Thank you for being the person you are and showing this girl that not all humans are evil and ugly. SO glad you are here, between you and [MENTION=1930]LaurieLolaandMojo[/MENTION] this site will have some great new experience that we can always use!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I was just wondering if child sized suspenders might be the thing to help hold the diapers on. I know anything I've ever gotten to cover up HRH's derriere has not stayed on very well. Luckily for us she is fully continent so they haven't had to.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.