Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner from KY

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chica
    Likes (Received)

Default New owner from KY

Hi everyone! We just adopted our first EB 2 months ago and we are in love ! Chica is 17 months old and is completely incontinent. The vet thinks she may have spinabifida causing the incontinence, but there's nothing they can do to correct the issue, not even surgery. So she's just our special needs baby. We had always wanted an EB but stumbled upon Chica by accident really. When we saw the horrible condition she was in (demodectic mange, flea infestation, severely under weight, living outdoors with no a/c, covered in feces) we had to rescue her. Two months later she is finally flea free, the mange is almost gone, and we can no longer see her ribs. She has stolen all of our hearts and my kids say that they think Daddy may love Chica more than me . We're still figuring out the best way to manage her incontinence because keeping a diaper on a stubborn bully 24/7 is a challenge. But our latest diaper cover design seems to work so wish us luck! We've finally found a food that seems to work for her and has helped firm up her , Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken. This site has been wonderful so far and I've been able to find a lot of great info, like why her chin has started breaking out. Buying a stainless steel bowl today! If anyone has any experience with bowel incontinence or suggestions please let me know

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New owner from KY

Oh my! What a special person you are! We have a Member that also has a bully with Spina Bifida..I will find her and tag her to see this post. So glad you rescued Chica! Please just jump in and ask anything you want! @LaurieLolaandMojo

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Bless you for taking in a special needs bully. So many times they are just tossed aside. It takes someone special to do what you are doing. We are PROUD to have you join us her at EBN. We'd love to see pix of her if you have some.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Welcome and you are certainly a extra special person for rescuing Chica. Don't know much about Chicas incontinence issues but just hang on as there must be someone on the forum who can give input. Can't wait to see this beautiful bully girl. Maybe a before and after picture so we can see how much "love" can make a difference with our bully babies.

Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chica
    Likes (Received)

Here are a few pics of her The first is the day after we got her, the 2nd and last are from November, and the 3rd one is Chica decked out in her UK blue for Halloween.
    -chica-10-23-11-2-jpg-chica-11-19-11-jpg-chica-trick-treating-10-31-11-jpg-chica-11-25-11-jpg

Lucy-licious

Hi there and to EBN.
    hica sure is a doll face I can see why you fell in love

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and bless you for taking her in and rescuing her from the horrible conditions she was in. You are a very special person with a heart of gold to give her the love and care she needs. I don't have any info on the incontinence issues, but I know we have a member here who does, and I'm sure she will post here soon. Jump in on any post you wish, or ask an question. We are here to help each other.

Also just saw your pics, she is beautiful. Thanks
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to you and Chica. I have an almost 2 yr old that SB. We can learn together. If you have any questions fire away. I am learning through trial and error how to keep the diapers on. Message me if you have any questions.

Bless you for taking her on.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and thank you so much for loving and taking such good care of Chica. She is beautiful, and you are too!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

I love the UK gear. Ky girl here too but in greenup. Chica is lovely.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

WOW.... you guys are awesome... than you so much for taking care of such a sweet girl -- she is precious!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Bulldogs and EBN!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

You watch the news and you think....has all humankind gone straight to the crapheap? And then, someone like you comes along, @UKgirl1 (Fact is, we have a lot of angels around here in EBN so you are in good company among your peers!)

Bless you a thousand times for taking that sweet little face and skinny little body into your home. She looks fantastic! That peaceful, snoozy little face in the last picture tells the story of a dog who = thanks to you and your family = doesn't have a worry in the world anymore.

Now, if I could just have five minutes alone with her former owners..... Clearly, they are in need of some vigilante justice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads