New member from ri

KENNETHMD

Aug 2, 2011
Hi: my name is ken and i have a now 6 and a half momth old eb, Her name is Stella and my wife and myself just love her. She was spayed two weeks ago and is doing just fine now. She is 44lbs now and we just noticed that she seems to occasionally have the head tremor shake just before she falls into deep sleep it was very frieghting at first, but after reading about it on this great forum we feel better about it. My vet has seen this and done a complete CBC which came back fine. He says there is a very good chance she will outgrow this as she gets to adult hood. (we are keeping our fingers crossed) I really want to buy her a harness for her daily walks but don't know where to turn any suggestions would be appreciated. her girth at the belly is 28inches and her neck is 16and a half. thank you all.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the site. I can't wait to see photos of Stella. you will be bombarded with requests until you get one up, so you better get that camera ready. This site is so very awesome and it will soon become addicting.

I don't always use harnesses with my bullies. Abby can hardly move fast due to her age and joints. Bella is like an inbetween size, she is too small for the ususal bully harness yet too big for a pug or frenchie size. The large ones rub and the small ones are well just that too small. I do know that Carolina Pet Pantry do sell some real nice ones with matching leashes. They have regular collars as well. Their page should be on the home page.

Again, welcome to the group and don't forget photos.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I just bought a harness from petco, basic, nothing fancy seems to be fine for my girl Miila so far. I did buy more expensive ones for my boys years ago that are made to prevent them from pulling the way it sits on their chest. That also seems to work fine for them but again it isnt fancy. I have seen many that look really neat on here so I am sure you will get better advice on that. Welcome by the way. Glad you have found Ebn helpful already! ;) As you must also know we :heart: pics around here so dont wait too long before sharing. You will get hounded. :lol:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Welcome to the forum. Cant wait to see pics of Stella. I have used harnesses on all my bullies. Ive gotten them from everywhere lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Welcome to the site!!! Maggie has the head tremors although hasn't had one for a while!!! It can be quite scary when you first see one!

We got our harness from Petco too and it fits well, but Carolina Pet Pantry does have some very pretty harnesses and collars.

Now ..... Don't forget to post some pics!!

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
Welcome, I have a 6 month old boy how started having head tremor's abot 2 months ago. He also only does it when he is falling asleep. They are not as bad as they were either, not so scary. Did all the blood work as well and they were fine. We just keep a close eye them. Again welcome

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome the wonderful world of EBN!!

Our boy Nitshcke had the temors all his life -- as long as they respond to you --- no worries. Give her a treat (any small treat will do) it will snap her out of it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, we just bought our harnesses from Petsmart, they seem to work OK, plus just in case no has said anything WE LOVE PICS. :tease:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome to you and Stella. Don't know much about head tremors except what I've read on this forum. But seems like it just looks worse than it is. As for harnesses, I ordered mine off the internet. I needed good strong leather as one of my bulldogs is 70 lbs of stubborn bulldog and I was wearing out those ones I got at our local pet stores. Glad you found our forum and when you have time, show us your beautiful Stella.

a1a0ec38.jpg

FatBulldogz

Dec 4, 2011
Richmond, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
UGA and Bella
We got our harnesses from PetSmart, they are nylon, reflective, & fully adjustable and less than $35 for the harness & 6' leash.

Sorry to hear about the tremors, we haven't experienced that but often when one of the dogs is sleeping with/on us we will notice they stop breathing for a moment. We just give them a shake and they are good to go. I guess its a sort of sleep apnea but you will learn all kinds of little mannerisms with this breed. Gotta love 'em!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Yay! Another New Englander! I recently ordered an Ezydog chestplate harness for my Brooklyn. It fits her great and came with an attchment for in the car.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.