Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time english bulldog owner

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Default First time english bulldog owner

Hello. Very glad to have found this site. I'm a first time bully owner and need all the help and advice i can get. Lol. I am 32 years old from kentucky. My husband and I have a 6 year old daughter, Erin, and a 3 month old son, Alex. We just welcomed a 10 week old EB puppy into our home. We have had her for almost a week now and boy oh boy am I glad to find some place I can come for advice. Her name is Macy and like a true EB she loves to chew. Including things she shouldnt such as my daughter She is brindle and white, energetic and mischevious during the day and a cuddler at night. I look forward to meeting you all.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: First time english bulldog owner

Welcome to the site, ask any questions you may have, trust me one of us has been there or done that!!!!!. Do you have any pictures of Macy to post? We love pictures here!!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

You didn't give your own name so we should call you webster? lol Glad you joined and would love to see some pix of Macy,,, cute name.... and you other kids. I'll leave the biting issue to those that have /had puppies. Princess Gracie came to rule us at 3.5 years so I'm not much help in this. This site is a wealth of info on bullies so please ask away as questions com up.

As for those pix.................

Again,

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome!!!!! Yes we pics, skin and fur kids. We are a nosey bunch so please chat away, questions stories etc. I have a 1 yr old who is a biting hyper little girl so hopefully you get good advice and are able to curb her now. lol. I know bullies tend to use their teeth a lot. Get lots of chew toys. Nylabones are a good one. No rawhides, pig ears etc as they can choke on them. No greenies either, have heard they are bad I believe too. Deer antlers are a huge hit around here and last quite some time so maybe santa could bring her something like that? Can get them at carolinapetpantry.com if you are curious. I know when they bite I have seen a lot of people say to say no and distract by replacing the hand etc with a chew toy. Repetition is key especially with bullies cuz they are VERY stubborn. lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Well I tried to post a pic but for some reason beyond me it won't let me. Maybe cause I am using my ipad. When I get home from work I will try to upload. My name is Kelly. I will definately have to try the deer antlers. Thanks! She has plenty of chew toys but prefers the sleeve of Erin's shirt or her pant leg. She is stubborn for sure! But i know its important to teach her who is boss now before behaviors are set in stone. Her few little teeth she has are razor sharp as she has nipped me several times as well. Wish potty training was going a little smoother but I KNOW it will come in time. If this darn cold rain would go away we'd have better luck.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I havent had a little eb pup myself but can imagine how hard the training must be as stubborn as they are. My pug was easy but he aims to please almost 100% of the time. lol Bulldogs dont care if they please, it is more if they want to.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Nice to meet you and Macy. Sounds like you have a wonderful little family. How exciting! Well I don't have any nippy pups but I'm certain someone will come along with advice. Don't forget we love pics. We love people kids too!

Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Great. Lol!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! You have found a great place! Can't wait to see her pics and get to know all of you! Yes..we recommend the antlers too! Expensive..but they last a long time!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Bulldogs dont care if they please, it is more if they want to.
    No kidding on that. I've never had a breed like an EB that wants nothing more than toot to his own horn and do as he pleases.

Kelly and Macy. So glad you found us, the peeps here are wonderful. Watch out for @JAKEISGREAT though, she's quite the CHATTY one.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    No kidding on that. I've never had a breed like an EB that wants nothing more than toot to his own horn and do as he pleases.

Kelly and Macy. So glad you found us, the peeps here are wonderful. Watch out for @JAKEISGREAT though, she's quite the CHATTY one.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of bulldogs and the crazy world of EBN!!!

antlers and mylabones are great.... whenever she is chewing something she shouldn't -- take it away and give her what she should chew on.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads