First time english bulldog owner

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
Hello. Very glad to have found this site. I'm a first time bully owner and need all the help and advice i can get. Lol. I am 32 years old from kentucky. My husband and I have a 6 year old daughter, Erin, and a 3 month old son, Alex. We just welcomed a 10 week old EB puppy into our home. We have had her for almost a week now and boy oh boy am I glad to find some place I can come for advice. :D Her name is Macy and like a true EB she loves to chew. Including things she shouldnt such as my daughter :nonono: She is brindle and white, energetic and mischevious during the day and a cuddler at night. I look forward to meeting you all.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome to the site, ask any questions you may have, trust me one of us has been there or done that!!!!!. Do you have any pictures of Macy to post? We love pictures here!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: You didn't give your own name so we should call you webster? lol Glad you joined and would love to see some pix of Macy,,, cute name.... and you other kids. I'll leave the biting issue to those that have /had puppies. Princess Gracie came to rule us at 3.5 years so I'm not much help in this. This site is a wealth of info on bullies so please ask away as questions com up.

As for those pix.................:pics:

Again, :welcome:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!!!! Yes we :heart: pics, skin and fur kids. ;) We are a nosey bunch so please chat away, questions stories etc. I have a 1 yr old who is a biting hyper little girl so hopefully you get good advice and are able to curb her now. lol. I know bullies tend to use their teeth a lot. Get lots of chew toys. Nylabones are a good one. No rawhides, pig ears etc as they can choke on them. No greenies either, have heard they are bad I believe too. Deer antlers are a huge hit around here and last quite some time so maybe santa could bring her something like that? Can get them at carolinapetpantry.com if you are curious. I know when they bite I have seen a lot of people say to say no and distract by replacing the hand etc with a chew toy. Repetition is key especially with bullies cuz they are VERY stubborn. lol

OP
webster03

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
Well I tried to post a pic but for some reason beyond me it won't let me. Maybe cause I am using my ipad. When I get home from work I will try to upload. My name is Kelly. I will definately have to try the deer antlers. Thanks! She has plenty of chew toys but prefers the sleeve of Erin's shirt or her pant leg. She is stubborn for sure! But i know its important to teach her who is boss now before behaviors are set in stone. Her few little teeth she has are razor sharp as she has nipped me several times as well. Wish potty training was going a little smoother but I KNOW it will come in time. If this darn cold rain would go away we'd have better luck.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I havent had a little eb pup myself but can imagine how hard the training must be as stubborn as they are. ;) My pug was easy but he aims to please almost 100% of the time. lol Bulldogs dont care if they please, it is more if they want to. :lol:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Nice to meet you and Macy. Sounds like you have a wonderful little family. How exciting! Well I don't have any nippy pups but I'm certain someone will come along with advice. Don't forget we love pics. We love people kids too!

41515984.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome! You have found a great place! Can't wait to see her pics and get to know all of you! Yes..we recommend the antlers too! Expensive..but they last a long time!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Bulldogs dont care if they please, it is more if they want to. :lol:
No kidding on that. I've never had a breed like an EB that wants nothing more than toot to his own horn and do as he pleases. :lol:

:welcome: Kelly and Macy. So glad you found us, the peeps here are wonderful. :up: Watch out for [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] though, she's quite the CHATTY one. :laugh: :laugh:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
No kidding on that. I've never had a breed like an EB that wants nothing more than toot to his own horn and do as he pleases. :lol:

:welcome: Kelly and Macy. So glad you found us, the peeps here are wonderful. :up: Watch out for [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] though, she's quite the CHATTY one. :laugh: :laugh:

:lies: :lies: :whut?: :busted:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of bulldogs and the crazy world of EBN!!!

antlers and mylabones are great.... whenever she is chewing something she shouldn't -- take it away and give her what she should chew on.

OP
webster03

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
I think I am finally up and running with pics and all. Lol. Having a 3 month old is slowing me down not to mention keeping a constant eye on Macy. Luckily, she is snoring away Zzzz And no one likes to chat more than me. My husband says I never shut up because i've been known to talk in my sleep. Lol!

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I've got 2 EB puppies. Liz is 6 months and used to use her razor teeth to bite my feet, which are sensitive. She looked like a snapping turtle. I finally figured out that often when she starts nipping it is because she is sleepy and you know how little kids don't know when it is time to go to bed. So, I crate her and she falls asleep. She has her permanent teeth now. I just got Amy, who is 4 months. Now they tend to bite each other, while playing, and leave everyone else alone. They do seem to like to chew on cloth. That is the best advice you already got, when they chew something you don't want them to, replace it with something else.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome Kelly nad Macy, so glad to have you here. As far as the chewing goes, pups will chew on everything they can and love pants legs. You just have to be patient and consistent. When they chew on something you do not want them to say "NO" and redirect by giving them a chew toy. Sometimes you may just have to give them a time out. This takes time and patience as does the potty training. With time and your persistence she will learn.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.