Hello from melanie & lilly

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Welcome :) It's a helpful bunch here so we are more than happy to answer any questions you have. That is so awesome that you saved her, poor little girl. Happy to see she has a loving forever home now!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hi there...this site is a great resource for advice and support - welcome!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi and welcome! Soooooo glad you saved Lily, it always takes time to adjust, just be patient.

If you have any questions at all, please ask :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What a wonderful mommy you are to have saved her. Welcome to the site also. Please share some pics with us. :) You say she bit your son, how did that happen, how long have you had her? It does take time to get her used to you and for her to feel like she is part of the family for sure. Poor thing, so sad to think what these pups go thru when they are just used and abused.

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Welcome Welcome Melanie!! It's so wonderful to hear that you've rescued && saved Lily! Its so heartbraking the storie && cruelity that some of those precious babies go through! :( If you have any questions or anything you've come to the right place! Can't wait to see pics of Lily!! :D!!

OP
M

melanie

Aug 6, 2010
N.Florida (Perry)
Bulldog(s) Names
ZEEK & STANLEY
Thank you to all, This site has been AMAZING! so informative~ well we picked Lilly up 2 weeks ago, and she is just now becoming herself... I took her to the vet in my small town
1st, they were NOT familiar with english bulldogs and I didnt feel comfortable with their diagnosis of Lilly. I knew something was wrong, she itched all the time, her ears were so stinky, she couldnt sleep, it was horrible!!! so I got online and and found a vet that specialized in english bulldogs and drove and hour, sure enough Lilly has a yeast infection.. she is starting to feel better and wanting to play, and shes very strong, the boys love her! and I dont think she meant to bite him, she will go into there room and find toys and take them... she has so much personality, she loves these boys, now when we 1st brought her home she would not even go out of the living room, now she wonders all over the house.. Im not real sure of her past, the vet seems to think that by the condition shes in, she was neglected she does have skin issues, shes on antibiotics and yeast med. We love her very much and will Lilly.jpgnever give up on her!!

Last edited:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the bully family. It will take a while to get Lilly adjusted however you made the biggest step by saving her. My Bella is almost a year and she still gets overly excited with playing and "bites" she won't chomp down hard, she is playing. However I am breaking her of this by always reminding her...."Don't bite, gentle" when this is said, she stops immediately and kisses instead. I am sure that Lilly and your son were under different circumstances, but always training them not to bite, even in play will help.
I won't go on about anything else, this is a great site and you will find all your answers here.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures as well

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Now I know why you just couldn't resist that girl. She is adorable!! Thanks for sharing.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
She is really really sweet looking!!! Love her colors too. Sounds like she is as lucky to have found you as you are her. :)

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
Hi,

Welcome to this bulldogforum !
I am Sjaak from the Netherlands and I own 1 bullie, named Bono.
Good to hear you've rescued a bullie, GOOD JOB !
Hope you'll find here the necessary info regarding to your bullie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.