Hello from Alabama!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Hello and nice to meet you all!

Aubrey and I are from Alabama. My sweet girl will be turning 1 year young on November 15th. She became a part of the family when my boyfriend and I fell in love with her in February. I have always been a dog lover and as soon as I laid eyes on her I knew she was meant for me.

Even though I am a new member, I have been coming to the site for months to find advice on Aubrey. First, in July she started throwing up frequently. It got to where she was throwing up most every meal. The vet couldn't place a cause, so we put her on a bland diet at first. It worked decently, but everytime we would try to start her on dog food she would throw up again. I saw the raw diet on this site and looked into some different items I could feed her with her normal bland diet while we sorted out the food problem. We tried a few types of food, beginning with what we found out was low quality to higher quality food. I learned to try to raise her food bowl and get a slow eating bowl from here, which was a huge help with her fast eating. We had finally got her settled on Blue Buffalo Wilderness grain free. She stopped vomiting, but started having chronic diarrhea. Again, the vet put her on antibiotics. It helped at first, but then it started all over again. I finally got fed up and came back here. I saw so many success stories with Fromm Surf and Turf that I said screw it and bought a bag. I never looked back! She gained her weight back from being sick, has a great coat, and even her eyes don't water as bad. Thanks to you guys I also found the "magic" stuff for her ears and wrinkles, information on allergies, figured out not to feed rawhides, etc, etc, etc. This site has been such a HUGE help to me getting Aubrey in top, happy, healthy shape. Thank you all!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
So glad you to meet you and Aubrey! Isn't this a FANTASTIC place? I'm so glad you found a lot of helpful information here. You will not only get that but you will also get so much loving support from the members of EBN. Looking forward to seeing more pics of Aubrey and hearing all sorts of stories about her. And ask all the questions you have...we are here for you! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, a delayed welcome to you, since you have been around, unofficially, for a few months. so, happy you were able to get all the help for our little community -- it is awesome, isn't it?!
Thanks for sharijng your story and Aubrey is precious... hugs to her!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
An official :welcome:.. And what a great introduction! You will make [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] so happy! Your story is EXACTLY why she started this great place! My Jake will be a year on November 29! They are so close in age! I'm so glad you found the right food for Aubrey! Amazing what a difference it makes! So glad you are here!

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
:welcome:! I'm so glad you have found so much help here. Isn't it amazing what a good food can do for them? Everyone here is so helpful and nice. You'll be addicted before long.

and Roscoe says Aubrey is a very pretty girl. :luv::luv:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and glad to hear of the success story about the food. This is a wonderful place with wonderful people and plenty of info for our bullies. Sp happy you found the forum and we are waiting on those pics of your beautiful bully,

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome and let me say I'm so happy this forum has helped you make the right choices. That is what most of us strive for. All we want is for our bullies to be is as happy and healthy as we can. So glad she is doing better. Don't be shy...you're one of us!

3d6c26f3.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Welcome!

I didn't even KNOW I had problems until I came here. hahahahahahaha
I've spent a fortune on stuff since arriving at EBN - and having a blast with it!

([MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] press pass? adorable!)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome and thank you for sharing your story. I am so happy you got Aubrey all settled. She is a cutie and I can't wait to see more of her. This place is the best and you will soon be addicted.
By the way, Aubrey shares a birthday with me, Happy Birthday Aubrey.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: hope you decide to share lots more stories of Aubrey! Oh and of course pics!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.