New Here!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Just switch slowly, Lauren. You don't want to upset that little tummy any more.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi everyone!! So I am starting Winston on NVI and I am switching him very slowly as everyone suggested. Today he started having loose stools though, is this normal when switching their food? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi everyone!! So I am starting Winston on NVI and I am switching him very slowly as everyone suggested. Today he started having loose stools though, is this normal when switching their food? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Lauren,,, go very slow with this variety. I have 5 of these critters and I use NVI salmon, I have been going so slow that its almost ridiculous, I had three large bags of Fromm when I started my methodical switch. Today I mixed the last of the Fromm. I think it's taken me two months. Everyone has a solid :poo: I categorize our :poo: like this,,, pudding, soft serve and then our favorite, log like. And you know how much everyone likes the log like. So if you have any concerns about anything you have come to the perfect place. :welcome:

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank you! Ya I am going very slow and we started the switch yesterday so it has been about 24 hours and his poo is not very solid at all today so I'm thinking his stomach is a little upset from the switch. Poor baby! :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome!!

Going from low grade to high grade will likely cause stomach upset, just do it as slowly as possible. Best of luck with NVI :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome Winston and Winston's Mama. My dogs eat NVI Turkey LID and are doing very well on it. They were on NVI Beef and Lamb as well as NVI Salmon but I blood allergy tested one of my bulldogs and vet gave me a list of dog foods recommended for him and NVI Turkey was one of them. Like everyone said before. Change slowly and give it a chance.

9237fe48.jpg

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank you everyone!! We tried the chicken one first since he seems to love anything chicken flavored he was a little better this morning so I will keep going slow and hope his little tummy gets adjusted to it soon!! :yes:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online