New member - Brandy Bulldog 6 Month old.. NYC

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
do u take ur dog to the bulldog vet on staten island? he is supposed to be fantastic. as for the eyes titan has the same problem...the fur has gotten thin and u can see where he scratches...we will probably make a food adjustment in the near future....make sure his eyes are dry in the creases. titans get wet and gooey and the more it is the more he scratches...the more the fur comes off. we corn starch his creases to keep them dry...how long ago was the pneumonia? our boys always take a while to get rid of any congestion when they get the funk. titan had a respiratory infection forever when we got him...took several rounds of antibiotics to kick. jameson takes a while whenever he gets an infection to get rid of....

KuttersMommy

Nov 10, 2011
Highlands, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Kutter (AKA KutterBug)
Welcome! (I'm new as well!) Check out my pics! Because from the looks of it, our babies look very much alike :)

Love,
Kayla & Kutter :heart:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome Jamie and Brandy. Sorry little Brandy is having so much congestion. My vet says the first nine months are the toughest if they have resp issues. You may have to keep up the vet visits till she gets past it. You said she was x-rayed. Did he mention if her trachea was of adequate size? Well it's a good thing she's only 30 lbs. Food and weight is always an issue with bulldogs. As the dog grows sometimes the trachea doesn't grow larger to accommodate the "adult" size of the dog or at least I think that is how the vet put it. As far as itchy eyes, neither of my bullies have that problem but my mixed breed dog is going through that. He keeps rubbing his eyes on the carpet. I've been giving him meds and cleaning his face and around his eyes and even eyedrops but can't seem to pinpoint the source of his allergy. Might have to get him blood allergy tested as well. Well you are on the right track giving her a high quality food and it may take a while to find the right one. I'm still searching for a compatible food myself for my bulldog Mr. Wilson. My other bulldog BabyGirl is doing great (knock on wood). Glad you found us! Let us know how Brandy is doing on her food.

b847ad7c.jpg

Most Reactions