New member - Brandy Bulldog 6 Month old.. NYC

jigz3000

Nov 4, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandy
Hi Everyone,
just wanted to introduce myself..Im Jamie.
and my bully is Brandy.. shes 6 month old.. 30lbs.
Been trying to find her the right food the last couple months..
Just ordered FROMM 4star.. was highly recommended.. so i hope it works out.

Let me know any thoughts,
Jamie and Brandy

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: to you Jamie and lovely Brandy! She's beautiful! So glad you found us. Fromm is a great choice..I hope she does very well on it! Any question..just ask away!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site Jamie, glad to have you and Brandy. She is a pretty girl, hope the FROMM works for her, we feed ours that also.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN, Jamie and Brandy.... She is a fawn beauty for sure. Glad you joined and hope you find everything you are looking for here. There is a wealth of info here. We feed our lady Fromm as well. Feel free to ask questions as they come up. Enjoy the site. :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Welcome Jamie and Brandy :up: I'm glad you found us and said hello :)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Welcome! Brandy is adorable! We went through many types of food and finally found that Fromm agrees the best with our little guy! It is a great choice!

OP
jigz3000

jigz3000

Nov 4, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandy
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes..
Just so you have some background info on Brnays 6months life so far.. if anyone can help or make suggestions..

Basically all ido is now, is read baout bullies, and i know several owners.. I defintley understand alot about the breed.. but always learning more.
Since I brought B home at 9 weeks..She's had an upper resp infection, giardia, pneumonia, ear infection yeast(minor), and now her eyes seems to be irritated.. shes been scratching it.. and seems to have lost hair around the eye, and the hair gets red.
My vet gave me some drops, and creams, tried benadryl.. everything did seem to help a little.. but it never went away yet.
Im hoping the Fromm will help but im not sure.

I know everything i listed above, is quite normal for bull puppies.. it just seemed to come one right after the next..

Thanks for any suggestions, appreciate it all.

Best,
Jamie and Brandy

OP
jigz3000

jigz3000

Nov 4, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandy
oh, forgot to mention the biggest thing.. since i brought Brand home 4 months ago.. he still has never kicked this congestion.. always trying to clear her throat of phlegm..
Ive tried a tiny bit of lemon juuice from the plastic lemon.. but i dont like doing that..it neither does she! at all.
i just wish i can clear her up some how.. it doesnt seem to be coming from the lungs my vet said.. weve had xrays before..
its more in here throat area... but its constant..

thanks again.. J

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh..I don't have much experience with the congestion or eye issues..but we have lots of people here who do..I hope they come and help..if not..you might try starting a new thread under bulldog health and ask these questions again! They will check for sure! Hang in there..we will get you some advice! I'm going to tag [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ..I'll bet she will have some great advice.

L

Lucy-licious

hi and :welcome: brandy is adorable. I hope your food switch hels with her itchy face etc.
afraid I can't help with the congestion though :hug:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I defintley understand alot about the breed.. but always learning more.
Since I brought B home at 9 weeks..She's had an upper resp infection, giardia, pneumonia, ear infection yeast(minor), and now her eyes seems to be irritated.. shes been scratching it.. and seems to have lost hair around the eye, and the hair gets red.
My vet gave me some drops, and creams, tried benadryl.. everything did seem to help a little.. but it never went away yet.
Im hoping the Fromm will help but im not sure.

I know everything i listed above, is quite normal for bull puppies.. it just seemed to come one right after the next..

Thanks for any suggestions, appreciate it all.

Best,
Jamie and Brandy

I may be stating the obvious - but did your vet look at possible Demodex Mange? It's also common - particularly with puppies who's immune systems are down. It typically starts in the face - that's why I brought it up. Since you're seeing a vet, I'm sure you have it well in hand. Remember, there are vets who specialize in brachosephallic breeds (spelling?) so don't feel bad if she's not getting better and you think you need another opinion. Hell yes! Get one!

Brandy sure has had a rough start huh? Hopefully, she'll get all of this out of her system now and be healthy for eternity! She's adorable. The lemon juice is the only thing I know for that phlem thing but I'd be concerned with the constantness of it. There was nothing on the xrays?

Someone will know something more about that stuff than I do (which is virtually everyone else here....) Welcome! Pictures please. Don't be hasty!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN.... more pics of Brandy would be sweet! she looks to be adorable in your avatar

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I can't add more advice at this point. Just a warm welcome.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.