"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New member - Brandy Bulldog 6 Month old.. NYC

Quote Originally Posted by jigz3000 View Post
    I defintley understand alot about the breed.. but always learning more.
    Since I brought B home at 9 weeks..She's had an upper resp infection, giardia, pneumonia, ear infection yeast(minor), and now her eyes seems to be irritated.. shes been scratching it.. and seems to have lost hair around the eye, and the hair gets red.
    My vet gave me some drops, and creams, tried benadryl.. everything did seem to help a little.. but it never went away yet.
    Im hoping the Fromm will help but im not sure.

I know everything i listed above, is quite normal for bull puppies.. it just seemed to come one right after the next..

Thanks for any suggestions, appreciate it all.

Best,
    Jamie and Brandy
    I may be stating the obvious - but did your vet look at possible Demodex Mange? It's also common - particularly with puppies who's immune systems are down. It typically starts in the face - that's why I brought it up. Since you're seeing a vet, I'm sure you have it well in hand. Remember, there are vets who specialize in brachosephallic breeds (spelling?) so don't feel bad if she's not getting better and you think you need another opinion. Hell yes! Get one!

Brandy sure has had a rough start huh? Hopefully, she'll get all of this out of her system now and be healthy for eternity! She's adorable. The lemon juice is the only thing I know for that phlem thing but I'd be concerned with the constantness of it. There was nothing on the xrays?

Someone will know something more about that stuff than I do (which is virtually everyone else here....) Welcome! Pictures please. Don't be hasty!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello and welcome to EBN.... more pics of Brandy would be sweet! she looks to be adorable in your avatar
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I can't add more advice at this point. Just a warm welcome.

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

do u take ur dog to the bulldog vet on staten island? he is supposed to be fantastic. as for the eyes titan has the same problem...the fur has gotten thin and u can see where he scratches...we will probably make a food adjustment in the near future....make sure his eyes are dry in the creases. titans get wet and gooey and the more it is the more he scratches...the more the fur comes off. we corn starch his creases to keep them dry...how long ago was the pneumonia? our boys always take a while to get rid of any congestion when they get the funk. titan had a respiratory infection forever when we got him...took several rounds of antibiotics to kick. jameson takes a while whenever he gets an infection to get rid of....

Real Name
    Kayla Brandon-Lambright
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kutter (AKA KutterBug)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! (I'm new as well!) Check out my pics! Because from the looks of it, our babies look very much alike

Love,
    Kayla & Kutter

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Welcome Jamie and Brandy. Sorry little Brandy is having so much congestion. My vet says the first nine months are the toughest if they have resp issues. You may have to keep up the vet visits till she gets past it. You said she was x-rayed. Did he mention if her trachea was of adequate size? Well it's a good thing she's only 30 lbs. Food and weight is always an issue with bulldogs. As the dog grows sometimes the trachea doesn't grow larger to accommodate the "adult" size of the dog or at least I think that is how the vet put it. As far as itchy eyes, neither of my bullies have that problem but my mixed breed dog is going through that. He keeps rubbing his eyes on the carpet. I've been giving him meds and cleaning his face and around his eyes and even eyedrops but can't seem to pinpoint the source of his allergy. Might have to get him blood allergy tested as well. Well you are on the right track giving her a high quality food and it may take a while to find the right one. I'm still searching for a compatible food myself for my bulldog Mr. Wilson. My other bulldog BabyGirl is doing great (knock on wood). Glad you found us! Let us know how Brandy is doing on her food.

Wilson & BabyGirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads