New

Kristin

Oct 31, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
George
Hi everyone, today is my first day navigating this site. My husband and I own George our 6 and 1/2 month old bullie. My husband and I love him more than anything. Yes, he is expensive to keep up with but such is life...we knew that before we got him that he could drain our savings accounts. George has had a fair share of health problems already. At three months, he had an allergic reaction to an insect bite that we never knew occured. I didn't know anything was wrong until his pinna(part of his ear) swelled and soon his eye was dropping. He had his first full blown tail infection at 4 and 1/2 months and he will be having surgery this Friday for his inverted corkscrew tail. Last night, I noticed on his lower lid of his right eye, what appears to look like what we as humans would call a sty. I am wondering if this is an allergy or is this how cherry eye starts? How will I know? BTW, this site is soooo big and there is a ton of information that I posted in the wrong spot earlier today and it took me about 20 minutes now to figure out where this goes; I think it goes here?!
Thanks, Kristin​

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi and welcome! So glad you joined us and found the right spot to post. lol. Can't wait to see pics of your boy George!

As for the sty, it may be cherry eye, it may be not. When I think of sty, I think of the lower eyelid. With cherry eye, it looks like something is protruding from the inner corner of the eye. But you may be talking about the same thing. Would you be able to take pics? It'll be alot better if we see it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and welocme to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

We NEED pictures of your baby!

Where in PA are you -- I am in Limerick about 40 minutes NW of Philly

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]... you were right, George is his name

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: You can find lots of help here that can save you some money in vet bulls. Starting with reading up and getting George on good food that doesn't exacerbate his allergies. Oh and you'll also see real quick that we love pics.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Welcome!! Your going to love it here!! Haven't dealt with cherry eye so I can't help with that. You will get so much valuable info from everyone that will help with all those vet visits.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
:welcome: You can find lots of help here that can save you some money in vet bulls. Starting with reading up and getting George on good food that doesn't exacerbate his allergies. Oh and you'll also see real quick that we love pics.

Oops, just saw this after I posted.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, glad you found us. Looking forward in seeing pics of your bully.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Glad you are figuring things out! I am no help with the allergy stuff..but don't worry..you will get lots of good help! Let me know if I can help you navigate..although I think you are well on your way!

L

Lucy-licious

:hiya: Glad you are figuring things out! I am no help with the allergy stuff..but don't worry..you will get lots of good help! Let me know if I can help you navigate..although I think you are well on your way!
:rofl: xx

:welcome: [MENTION=3584]Kristin[/MENTION] to EBN you will soon find everything you need to help George. We love pics BTW lots of them :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sounds like you have your hands full of bully issues. I have a female who has tail issues and so far I've been staying on top of them. Keeping it very clean and dry. It's not easy but for now it is all I can do to avoid surgery. But I know in some cases it is unavoidable. There are a few members here who've had it done. My boy had cherry eye at four months and had it repaired. Never had a insect bite on any of my bullies but I know it can get very serious very fast from other members here who've had that experience. Don't know about the sty thing. It would be helpful if you take the time to figure out how to post pictures There are tutorials on site. I was kind of shy and stubborn at first but I finally figured out how to put a picture here. Now you can't stop me. Bwahahahaha!

e19d4792.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
LMAO [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] - You kill me.

Welcome [MENTION=3584]Kristin[/MENTION] ! You'll find tons of great information here. Remember the "search" function too. I've unearthed some gems that really helped me that way!
I hate to beat a dead plastic hobby horse, but yeah: we like pictures so get posting. hahahahahaha

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Welcome to the forum. We love pics.

OP
Kristin

Kristin

Oct 31, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
George
Hi, thank you and we are from Bradford County...did you ever hear of Troy? We are 20 minutes from Troy, PA....way, way out in the country.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.