Considering becoming a bulldog mama

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Aww, now I'm more excited. People tell me I have an unhealthy obsession with my dogs. I tell them that they are my family. They sleep in my bed and their groceries cost more than mine, I have to love them or I would hate them! lolBoxers seem to be a lot like bulldogs, they truly aren't just dogs, they are your soulmates. They make life whole.
:yes:.. You have come to the right place...YOU MEAN THERE ARE REALLY PEOPLE WITH UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH THEIR DOGS??...:nonono:...how awful for the "normal ones"!!! Errrr...and we don't have ANY of those here..:blush:.. Normal..I mean! :ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well what can I say that has not been said already, other than they are the best dog (friend)I have ever had. They do have their quirks and problems, but once you understand that and realize they can cost use plenty at the vet sometimes. But I love them and would not traid them for anything. We buy our cars around our bullies, our house around our bullies, our ..... oh you get the idea.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well it sounds like you are already a perfect bully owner and you havent even gotten one yet. Welcome to the club! Aside from health issues which may or may not come up and all that was said already, I have nothing to add. I love boxers by the way they are such a beautiful animal! I wanted one a while back but then realized the size diff between the bullys and the pug and then add in a boxer would just be crazy. haha Sounds to me you need to get your baby now.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I say if you are prepared get a bully! I'm surprised no one mentioned the idea of being a care giver for a show dog. You want to be very clear most likely with a contract who is responsible for what. What happens if they want to breed her, what happens in the event of an emergency, who gets to make decisions about her health, life, ect. What happens if she doesn't show well. Can they just take her back from you at any time ? My vet warned me about this because he has seen many situation that ended poorly between the two parties. Just be careful and make sure you are comfortable with the arrangement you are getting in to .

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I say if you are prepared get a bully! I'm surprised no one mentioned the idea of being a care giver for a show dog. You want to be very clear most likely with a contract who is responsible for what. What happens if they want to breed her, what happens in the event of an emergency, who gets to make decisions about her health, life, ect. What happens if she doesn't show well. Can they just take her back from you at any time ? My vet warned me about this because he has seen many situation that ended poorly between the two parties. Just be careful and make sure you are comfortable with the arrangement you are getting in to .

Excellent advice !!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
TIME...lots of time to play, snuggle, wipe down, clean, and just BE with your bully. These are not solitary individuals and will want to be with you as often as possible.

Well said [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]. As I sit here typing I have a 6 year old bullie -- pawing at me for attention even after a 20 mins. walk and a 30 min play session. UGH!!! But, I would not trade it for the world.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:yes:.. You have come to the right place...YOU MEAN THERE ARE REALLY PEOPLE WITH UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH THEIR DOGS??...:nonono:...how awful for the "normal ones"!!! Errrr...and we don't have ANY of those here..:blush:.. Normal..I mean! :ROFL:

What a very accurate statement

OP
B

BoxerMama

Oct 31, 2011
Ontario

That is definitely a worry of mine. She does want to breed her eventually and I have never had an unaltered dog. There will definitely be a contract, I was hoping someone who has experience with this would speak up.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
arnold 4 months.jpg
2 months ago I was in your position and contemplating being a bully mama. My sweet Arnold is offically 4 months and no words are needed once you look at this precious face!!

I still have yet to explore the care of the white fur care

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Hello BoxerMomma and welcome. .. I know im late as always with not having internet...

Everyone has given you great advise... Now let me tell you my (ok boyfriends but they love me more) Boxers love my bullie! !! They are peas in a pod and my bullie plays HARD with them all the time...

Not sure where your from but would love to talk more too as I grew up showing sporting dogs :-D

And have been thinking about another addition to the family to show and share they joys with my kids...

BF just doesnt know it yet!!! LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Oh I forgot to add a picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322842671974.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322842671974.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 38
  • uploadfromtaptalk1322842697692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322842697692.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 32

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Welcome and being owned by a bully is THE best job in the world!! BUT I confess that I dont know much about the dealer contract thing .... It would make me very nervous.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.