Considering becoming a bulldog mama

BoxerMama

Oct 31, 2011
Ontario
Currently a proud owner of two Boxers. Rally Rims aged 2.5 years, brindle female (altered). Octane aged 5 years, male (altered). I have been a lover of Bulldogs for a long time and I have recently been offered a caregiver position to a show girl who is 10 months old. I follow the breeder, I'm a huge fan and I have met a lot of her dogs. While I have done a lot of research on my own I do know that reading and owning are two very different things. Or at least that is what I've learned with my boxer babies.
So, if you had to tell me one thing about owning a Bulldog that you feel is under explored, what would it be?
besties.jpg

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
DIET is key to their existence!!!!

:welcome: to EBN. You will get lots of opinions. Glad you joined and would love to see pix of your boxers. You will find that a bully is no where near as energetic as your boxers. Diet Diet Diet... !!!!

OP
B

BoxerMama

Oct 31, 2011
Ontario
I'm good with diet. My female boxer has a lot of allergies and my boy is slowing down a lot and has his share of issues. They eat different foods and are both on VERY strict diets. I believe it is a part of the contract the they eat Eagle Pack Natural. I know it used to be. I'm not a huge fan of this particular brand but she says it works well for her dogs.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Constant worrrying.....

Missing Jewelry ? Check your bully's crate before claiming your insurance....
Missing wallet? Dont blame your kids! Its your fault for leaving it within Bully grabbing distance ..
Hole in your underwear? No, you're not being fruggle..! its your bully and his love for the dirty clothes hamper.!

Think about it.... You have been warned !

Oh, and welcome...! :lol:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Constant worrrying.....

Missing Jewelry ? Check your bully's crate before claiming your insurance....
Missing wallet? Dont blame your kids! Its your fault for leaving it within Bully grabbing distance ..
Hole in your underwear? No, you're not being fruggle..! its your bully and his love for the dirty clothes hamper.!

Think about it.... You have been warned !

Oh, and welcome...! :lol:

I totally agree with what is said above!!! I found my truck keys in Matilda's crate one day!! :lol:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Nothing more fulfilling than owning bulldogs. They have a love all of their own to give. Nothing like bully smoochies.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
TIME...lots of time to play, snuggle, wipe down, clean, and just BE with your bully. These are not solitary individuals and will want to be with you as often as possible.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Be prepared for bully up your butt everytime you turn around, whether your are cooking or going to the bathroom lol

OP
B

BoxerMama

Oct 31, 2011
Ontario
Aww, now I'm more excited. People tell me I have an unhealthy obsession with my dogs. I tell them that they are my family. They sleep in my bed and their groceries cost more than mine, I have to love them or I would hate them! lol
Boxers seem to be a lot like bulldogs, they truly aren't just dogs, they are your soulmates. They make life whole.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Aww, now I'm more excited. People tell me I have an unhealthy obsession with my dogs. I tell them that they are my family. They sleep in my bed and their groceries cost more than mine, I have to love them or I would hate them! lol
Boxers seem to be a lot like bulldogs, they truly aren't just dogs, they are your soulmates. They make life whole.

Oh yes!!! Totally agree!! :heart: :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online