another bullie rescued

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am so excited. My friend in Virginia is adopting a rescue dog tomm after my prompts and all of your information. Unbelievably, he is 2 years old and was a stray that no one claimed!! No microchip!! Which makes me wonder if he got microchipped too early? He is healthy with wait wait, NO ALLERGIES !! She is so excited. I gave her all the rescue information and she went with it. Since there was no rescues close to her, she went to the bulldog club of America!! Thank you all!!:tease:.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
And a big thank you to you and your friend too. That's great news, tell them to send pics when they get him home.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Love a success story. Can't wait to see all the pics and enjoy her story's

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella got chipped at 8 weeks (at least the "breeder" said 8, we now think more like 6) Her chip is still okay, some people just don't care.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wonderful news! I can't wait to see pics and hear how wonderful she's doing in her new forever home!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It's wonderful your friend is rescuing! How exciting!..one thing...a chip has a lifespan? My old cat had a chip for 10 + years..and it still worked his entire life with us.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tell your friend, Congruatulations! and to join our board when her new boy comes on board! this is GREAT news:yes:

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was wondering about the effectiveness of a chip on a bulldog put in too early. I have been told by several people including my vet who is the bullie vet in the area, that if the chip is placed to young it can slip and get become ineffective secondary inability to scan. Have you heard of this?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I havent heard of this either. I know my boys chips are both good cuz I had the vet scan them when he put in Miilas. Not sure how old Cutty was when the breeder did his but Mugsy was pretty young cuz it was one of the first things I did.

Very happy you have been able to help somebody adopt a wonderful and needing bully. Hopefully they will join the site and share with us.

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
meatie.jpg
Arnold is 3 months old and not chipped, which is a concern to me! I think I will get it done at his last Parvo shot in 2 weeks since none of you have had problems. Here is a picture of Meatie. She brought him home and he is doing well. He weighs 80 pounds.

OP
agingermom

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Something very said occured to my friend who just rescued Meaty. He had a probable seizure in the middle of the night on Thursday and she woke to find him dead. She is heart broken!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:*( Oh I'm so sorry to hear. Please send our condolences. I'm glad he was able to experience forever love on his last day.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my! I am so sad, she must be devastated. My heart is breaking for her.... He was so young still... RIP Meaty

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.